Keeler in the Morning Show Notes for Wed., April 9th
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
- Warmer Weather is on the way! We will see temperatures as high as 63 this week. There is a flood warning for the Mohawk River and the Delta Dam in Rome.
- UCONN Women win the NCAA Tournament and complete their undefeated season.
- Female FOX News Reporter announces the UCONN Men's NCAA Tournament Championship as the NAACP.
- We almost re-opened a can of worms by bringing up the A Historic/An Historic debate thanks to Alex Trebek and Final Jeopardy Last Night.
- Oscar Pistorius trial continues with more of his tearful testimony. Do we buy it?
Preview of What's Ahead:
- Robert Channing during Sound Off. Let's see what we can find out from him.
- Miss Utica will be on to discuss WE Network filming her this weekend.
- Great VIP Club Prizes Available, Including the chance to Flyaway to any Major League Game in the country: //wibx950.com/vip/
- Herkimer School District Facing a deficit.
- According to the UPD, there is a white male with a suspected speech impediment that is conning elderly women in order to steal their purses. If anyone knows anything call us at 736-0186 and we will contact police.
Ray Stagich's Weather Forecast
- Warm week ahead, but a colder week next week. Perfect timing for kid's spring breaks.
- With Drone technology advancing quickly, it is possible that they will be used for bad. Possible terrorism uses. One man already arrested for threat of a school bombing with drones.
- Joy Behar gets under Governor Christie's skin at roast for former New Jersey governor.
Tonya Kassler - Miss Utica
Tonya is the reigning Miss Utica and will be participating in a pageant in Manhattan and the WE Network will be in town filming on Sunday to feature Tonya in the show.
- Hillary Clinton defends the P*ssy Riot Female Music Group.
Chester's Flowers - Palm Sunday Open House
- Our Sound Off today was an attempt to get information out of potential America's Got Talent contestant Robert Channing. Being a mentalist and listener of the show, he wasn't falling for Andrew's incredible voice disguise.
Chris Salatino - Utica School Board President
- The Utica School District has received funding that will allow for them to bring back a total of 73 positions in the district.
Jim Moran - Voice of Vernon Downs Retiring After 50 Years
- Jim discusses with us all of his memories of Vernon Downs history, legendary racers that have come through there, and a history of the sport.
- Friday will be his last call to kick off the Opening Night.
- Before we got to Jim we discussed briefly a North Korean official who was executed.
Bob Steward - Owner of Shots
- Bob is in to promote his comedy show tonight at SHOTS Sports and Entertainment Bar. Dinner is available from Seymour's Barbecue and the show starts at 8pm. Doors open at 7:30. There will be a comedy show every other Wednesday night.
Stories To Catch Up On:
- Pistorius Case.
- Redneck Commentary on Bird Consumption.
- FOX News Reporter says UCONN Men won the NAACP tournament.
- Bill is early for the first time in a year and a half according to Jeff.