5 Tips to Stay Safe When Halloween Trick-or-treating
The City of Oneonta Police Department and AAA are urging both parents and motorists to be even more alert during Halloween trick-or-treating on Oct. 31.
Oneonta Police Chief Dennis Nayor offers these other safety tips to parents for their children on Halloween:
- Be bright at night, use reflective tape on costumes and treat bags,wear light colors, and carry flashlights with fresh batteries for extra visibility.
- Do not wear a costume that obstructs vision. Instead of masks try non-toxic face paint instead.
- Younger children should always be accompanied by an adult or trustworthy teen.
- If there are no sidewalks, always walk facing traffic on the left side of the road.
- Cross streets at corners, not between parked cars or mid-block