American Heart Association Awards Community Impact Grants
The American Heart Association has awarded $58,000 in Community Impact Grants to 15 local community-based organizations.
The grants provide funding for organizations in the Greater Utica area with the mission of building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke.
“We were so happy to see the level of creative projects being developed to support the fight against heart disease and stroke,” says Marolyn Wilson, chairwoman of the AHA/ASA Greater Utica Area advisory board. “There were many merit-worthy projects that would result in improvements in the cardiovascular health of our community. The decisions were not easy."
The grants were awarded to the following organizations:
· Pathfinder Village
· Bassett Healthcare Network Research Institute
· Johnson Park Center
· Cornell Cooperative Extension of Oneida County
· Masonic Care Community
· Center for Family Life and Recovery
· Mount Markham Central School District
· The Arc Oneida-Lewis Chapter, NYSARC
· The Boilermaker Road Race
· Insight house CDS, Inc
· Hart's Hill Elementary School
· Mohawk Valley Institute for Learning in Retirement
· Elderlife, Inc.
· Notre Dame Elementary School
· Midtown Utica Community Center
This year's recipients were given grants between $1,500 and $5,000.