Bank of America Exits Utica Area This Week
Bank of America in the Mohawk Valley region will be transitioned to a new bank this week and customers will need to be prepared.
Berkshire Bank of Pittsfield, Mass. purchased 20 locations from Glens Falls to Rome in a deal that was announced last July. Bank of America will officially transition to Berkshire Bank on Friday at 5 p.m. and customers will not be able to access their online banking until Tuesday.
All but two of the branches purchased will remain open and employees will be retained.
Two Rome locations: 200 W. Dominick St. and 1714 Black River Blvd., will close as of this Friday, because Berkshire Bank, which purchased Rome Savings Bank in 2010, already has locations at 100 W. Dominick St. and 1629 Black River Blvd.in the city.
Customers should review their information packets from Berkshire Bank, which they should already have received in the mail, detailing the transition from Bank of America.
Here are the 20 branches transitioning this Friday:
• Amsterdam - 140 Sanford Farms Plaza
• Cairo - 440 Main St
• Chatham - 50-52 Main St.
• Glens Falls - 14 La Rose St.
• Greenville - 11565 Highway 32
• Hudson - 561 Warren St.
• Ilion - 1 Central Plaza
• Johnstown - 51 West Main St.
• Little Falls - One West Main St.
• New Hartford - 50 Genesee St.
• New Lebanon - Hwy 20 and Hwy 22
• Queensbury - 183 Quaker Rd
• Rome - 200 West Dominick St.
• Rome - 1714 Black River Boulevard
• Utica - 50 Auert Ave
• Utica - 911 Cornelia St.
• Utica - 268 Genesee St.
• Utica - 1100 Mohawk St.
• West Winfield - 381 West Main St. PO Box 63
• Whitesboro - 34 Oriskany Boulevard