Boilermaker Charity Bib Program Begins On Monday
If you got shut out of this year’s Boilermaker, you still have a chance to enter the race.
Ten local not-for-profits will be taking part in the charity bib program.
Executive Director Tim Reed says 200 bibs will be available for runners, who must raise a minimum of $500 for one of the chosen charities.
Reed says the race will be giving prizes to the top three pledge gathers, including free entry into the next five Boilermakers.
The bibs can be used for either the 15-K or 5K race.
The charity bib signup will begin on Monday at www.boilermaker.com.
The following charities are taking part.
- Make A Wish CNY
- Aids Community Resources
- Friends of the ARC Foundation
- CNY Veterans Outreach Center
- Sitrin Medical Rehabilitation Center
- A Better Chance of Clinton and the Mohawk Valley
- YMCA of Greater Syracuse
- CNY Susan G Komen For the Cure
- Food Bank of CNY
- Resource Center for Independent Living (RCIL)