City of Utica Announces July 4th Festivities
Utica, NY (WIBX) – The City of Utica Independence Day celebration is scheduled to take place at Frederick T. Proctor Park on Wednesday July 4th. This year’s July 4th Celebration will be held from 3pm to 10pm and will include all day entertainment, children’s events, food, and fun for the entire family.
The 4th of July Parade starts at 6:00pm on culver Ave. Mayor Robert Palmieri will lead over 40 contingents with more than 300 individuals, floats and vehicles down Culver Ave from Armory Drive to Proctor Park.
FREE parking is set up at the Charlestown Parking lot on Bleecker St. Centro Bus will be providing a FREE shuttle service from Charlestown to Proctor Park every 15 minutes starting at 3:00pm until after the Fireworks.
For the adults, new this year, is a Beer Garden serving Saranac Beer. No one under the age of 21 will be allowed in the Beer Garden.
(All times are approximate)
- 3:30 – 4:00 1st Annual Hemstrought’s Half-Moon Eating Contest\
- 4:30 – 5:00 Demonstration – Karate USA
- 5:00 – 6:00 Barnard’s Boxing – Fitness Contests
- 6:00 – 6:30 AO Unknown Band
- 6:30 – 6:45 Brian Mulknerne
- 6:45 – 7:15 Sassafass Jenkins
- 7:15 – 7:30 Joe Sweet & John Kelsey
- 7:30 – 8:00 Soul Injection
- 8:00 – 9:15 Gridley Paige
- 9:30 – 10:00 Fireworks w/music by WXUR
For more information on how you can be involved leave a message on the City of Utica Special events line at 792-0237, or send an email to email@example.com.