Coke Ring Choked by Drug Agents
Syracuse, NY (WIBX) - Eight people are facing cocaine conspiracy charges for taking part in a ring that allegedly trafficked drugs from the Utica-Rome area to New York City.
The Department of Justice is announcing that the U.S. Attorney's arrests are the result of a joint effort with the Drug Enforcement Agency, New York State Police, and the Oneida County District Attorney's Office.
If convicted each of the conspirators face a minimum of five and up to forty years in jail plus a $5,000,000 fine each.
Those charged are:
- Ivory Quan Lewis-McLeod a/k/a "Quan," age 29 of Rome
- Phillip F. Williams a/k/a "Unc," age 49 (already in state custody)
- Brandy L. Jaynes, age 30 of Rome
- Tongela L. LaDue a/k/a "Tong," age 32 of Rome
- Roger Gullerat, age 49 of Lee Center
- Frederick C. Wishart a/k/a "Ricky," age 35 of Rome
- Jeremy C. Cooper, age 34 of Rome
- Nadine C. McLeod, age 48 of the Bronx