Disaster Unemployment Assistance Available
To apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance, call 1-888-209-8124 or 1-877-358-5306 if you live out of state.
The deadline to apply for DUA is October 3, 2011.
You may be eligible to apply for DUA if:
- You were injured in the disaster and are unable to work, whether you are an employee or self-employed
- Your workplace was damaged or destroyed
- Your transportation to work is not available
- You cannot get to your job because you must travel through the affected area
- You were about to begin working, but could not because of the disaster
- You derived most of your income from areas affected by the hurricane and your business is down as a direct result of the disaster
The availability of this program was initiated by President Obama’s August 31, 2011 disaster declaration for parts of New York State and extends to those living or working in any of the 20 counties eligible for individual assistance.
The counties are: