East Clinton Street Bridge Construction is Complete
The rehabilitation of the East Clinton Street Bridge in Binghamton is finished.
The $1.9 million involved repairs to the bridge deck, sidewalks and decorative walls and lighting. The work included the replacement of all the expansion joints and incorporated LED lights into the historic fixtures.
The City says nearly 20,000 vehicles a day cross over the 415-foot span over the Chenango River.
The bridge was built in 1936 and underwent its last major renovation was done in 1992.
80% of the cost of the project was covered by federal transportation funding with the City picking up the other 20% through a capital bond.