Fire And Explosion In Little Falls [UPDATE]
Firefighters from several departments are battling a large structure fire on the 300 block of West Main Street in Little Falls.
The fire was reportedly caused by a natural gas explosion.
CNY Homepage is reporting that several ambulances have been called to the scene.
They also say more than one house is involved, but it's not known if anyone was in those houses at the time of the explosion or fire.
One witness told a WUTR reporter that they felt the explosion several miles away.
A WIBX listener who lives about a mile away from the scene tells us he felt his house shake.
We'll have more on this story as it becomes available.
UPDATED 2/15 4:11 p.m. Little Falls Police say the Wednesday afternoon explosion and fire on West Main Street was caused by a natural gas leak.
The explosion and fire injured three people, but no fatalities were reported.
The Mohawk Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting seven families displaced by the fire.
Meanwhile, Route 5 in Little Falls now has one-way alternating traffic between Gun Club Road and Lock Street.