Governor Cuomo Announces Medicaid Redesign Team
Albany, NY (WIBX) – Governor Andrew Cuomo made public his selections for his Medicaid Redesign Team.The team is comprised of 27 members, all with a background in healthcare administration.
The new governor said the team, which was established by Executive Order, are charged with working to reverse long standing problems with the Medicaid system such as over spending and waste. Cuomo said the Medicaid Redesign Team will work to find solutions without compromising health care for New Yorkers. According to the report the team’s deadline to submit their findings and recommendations for the budget process is March 1st. Governor Cuomo said they will also submit quarterly reports until it disbands at the end of Fiscal Year 2011-12.
Meet the new Medicaid Redesign Team:
- Michael Dowling, President and CEO of North Shore LIJ Health system.
- Dennis Rivera is the former Chair of SEIU Healthcare and is currently the Senior Advisor to the International President of SEIU.
- Kenneth E. Raske is the President of the Greater New York Hospital Association.
- George Gresham is the President of 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East.
- Dan Sisto is the President of the Healthcare Association of New York State.
- Frank Branchini is the President and COO of EmblemHealth.
- Eli Feldman is the President and CEO of the Metropolitan Jewish Health System as well as the Chairman of the Continuing Care Leadership Coalition.
- Carol Raphael is the President and CEO of the Visiting Nurse Service of New York.
- Linda Gibbs is the Deputy Mayor of New York City for Health and Human Services.
- Ed Matthews is the CEO of the United Cerebral Palsy of New York City as well as the President of the Interagency Council.
- Dr. Nirav Shah is the newly nominated Commissioner of Health.
- Mike Hogan is the Commissioner for the Office of Mental Health.
- James Introne is the Deputy Secretary for Health and the Director of Healthcare Redesign.
- Max Chmura is the Acting Commissioner of the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities.
- Arlene Gonzalez-Sanchez is the newly nominated Commissioner of the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services.
- Lara Kassel is a Coordinator at Medicaid Matters New York.
- Karen A. Ballard is the President of the New York State Nurses Association.
- Stephen J. Acquario serves as the Executive Director of the New York State Association of Counties.
- Dr. Jeffrey A. Sachs is the Co-Chair of the JFK Jr. Institute for Work Education at City University of New York.
- Ann F. Monroe is the President of the Community Health Foundation of Western and Central New York.
- Steve Berger is the former Chairman for the Commission on Health Care Facilities in the 21st Century and a board member for the Partnership for New York City.
- Dr. William Streck is the Chair of the New York State Public Health and Health Planning Council.
- Elizabeth Swain is the CEO of the Community Health Care Association of New York State.
- Senator Kemp Hannon is the former Chairman of the Senate Committees on Health and Housing. Senator Hannon was appointed by the Majority Leader of the Senate.
- Senator Tom Duane is the former Chairman of the Senate Committee on Health, 2009-2010. Senator Duane was appointed by the Minority Leader of the Senate.
- Assemblyman Richard N. Gottfried serves as the Chairman of the Assembly Committee on Health. Assemblyman Gottfried was appointed by the Speaker of the Assembly.
- Assemblyman Joe Giglio of the 149th Assembly District currently sits on the Medicaid Waste, Fraud and Abuse Task Force. Assemblyman Giglio was appointed by the Minority Leader of the Assembly.