Griffo And AT&T Kick Off Cell Phones For Soldiers Drive
Senator Joseph Griffo and AT&T are kicking off the third annual Cell Phones For Soldiers collection drive.
For every donated cell phone valued at five-dollars, Cell Phones for Soldiers is able to provide two and-a-half hours of free talk time to deployed troops via calling cards.
Griffo says they collected nearly 1,000 used cellphones last year and he'd like to top that that this year.
“Our brave troops give up their own time with their families and loved ones so that we can enjoy time with ours,” Griffo said. “The least we can do is give them the opportunity to talk with their loved ones this holiday season. I would like to thank AT&T, Cell Phones for Soldiers and the Central New York Veterans Outreach Center for helping to kickoff this collection drive. I know that it will be successful and will show the courageous men and women in the military how much we value their service.”
Here is a list of the drop-off locations.
- Jervis Public Library: 613 N. Washington St., Rome
- Chanatry’s Hometown Market: 485 French Road, Utica
- Turning Stone Resort Casino: 5218 Patrick Road, Verona
- Herb Philipson’s: 1899 Black River Boulevard, Rome
- Herb Philipson’s: New Hartford Shopping Center, 1 Center St., New Hartford
- TOPS Friendly Markets: 7395 Lowville Heights Road, Lowville
- Utica State Office Building: 207 Genesee St., Utica
- 4777 Commercial Drive, New Hartford
- 1319 Erie Boulevard W, Rome
- 224 N Genesee St., Utica
The drive will be taking place through December 13th.