Griffo Announces Funding For Local Libraries
Senator Joseph Griffo has announced construction grants for several local public libraries.
The state funding comes from $24 million in capital funds approved for public library construction projects in last year's state budget.
Griffo says the funding will allow the libraries and library systems to make renovations and upgrades.
The following grants were awarded to libraries in Senator Griffo's district:
- Clayville Library Association: $9,463 to replace entryways to create handicap accessibility.
- Dunham Public Library: $99,321 to construct a new entrance with security system and replace a HVAC system.
- Erwin Library and Institute: $91,626 to rehabilitate a deteriorating slate roof.
- Mid-York Library System: $112,288 for roof replacement, foundation restoration and other exterior improvements.
- Sherrill-Kenwood Free Library: $5,706 to replace an air conditioning unit for the building.
- Waterville Public Library: $8,894 to retrofit the building with energy-saving LED lights.