Keeler in the Morning Show Notes for Friday, Sept. 6th
Today is Friday, September 6th, 2013
- TODAY IS…
- Fight Procrastination Day. Start checking items off your to-do list.
- Max George, 25 Member of the British-Irish boy band The Wanted
- Foxy Brown, 35 Rapper
- Nina Persson, 39 Frontwoman of the Swedish pop group The Cardigans
- Macy Gray, 46 R&B singer-songwriter known for her raspy voice
- Rosie Perez, 49 Puerto Rican-American actress who starred in White Men Can’t Jump, It Could Happen to You
- Chris Christie, 51 Governor of New Jersey
- Jeff Foxworthy, 55 Comedian, member of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour
- Roger Waters, 70 British musician, co-founder and lead vocalist of Pink Floyd
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1997 Some 2.5 billion TV viewers watch Princess Diana’s funeral. An estimated 2.5 billion people around the globe tune in to television broadcasts of the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales, who died at the age of 36 in a car crash in Paris the week before. During her 15-year marriage to Prince Charles, the son of Queen Elizabeth II and the heir to the British throne, Diana became one of the most famous, most photographed people on the planet. After her death, she remained an iconic figure and a continual source of fascination to the media and entertainment world.
- 2012 Former police sergeant Drew Peterson is convicted of killing his third wife. In a case that generated national headlines, former Illinois police officer Drew Peterson is found guilty in the 2004 murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Savio’s death originally was ruled an accident after her body was discovered in an empty bathtub at her suburban Chicago home; however, the 2007 disappearance of Peterson’s fourth wife, Stacy, led authorities to reopen the Savio case and eventually label her death a homicide.
This Day in History: click here
Keeler’s Gripe of the Day: Late Hours
With the NFL debut, Leon and Romy didn’t air on Jimmy Fallon until almost 2 am.
Leon Etienne and Romy Low performed on Jimmy Fallon last night.
Cat with arrow injury
Oneida Nation radio commercial – asks for Washington Redskins to change their name
Here’s the website
Willie Waffle Movie Reviews, sponsored by Daylight Donuts
Movies: Riddick – Vin Diesel is back as Riddick. Willie’s website
Willies Review of Riddick –
Bill Schmelcher on Talking about Gelston Castle events
Common Council Primary Debate
1st Ward- Ashley C. Torres (D, WF, I); Frank X. Vescera (D, WF, C)
Utica College Professor on Syria
The IRS Scandal
On air: Craig Bergman talks about the IRS Scandal
Ilion Mayor John Stevens on Attorney Fee Controversy