Keeler in the Morning Show Notes for Monday, Nov. 18
Here’s a wrap-up of today’s Keeler in the Morning Show on WIBX for Monday, November, 18th.
Tornadoes Kill 6 in Illinois
Opt Out CNY – Some parents are keeping their kids home
Today is the day that some parents are opting to keep their kids home because of Common Core
Over the Weekend in Sports
The Comets lost both Friday and Saturday. The Utica College Pioneers won both games and went into 1st place in the ECAC. Herkimer and Poland both lost in the State title bid.
Syracuse Football were crushed by Florida State. Syracuse Basketball handled Colgate after an early scare.
Bills with a big win over the Jets!
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is Back!
These are all things he has said.
Alec Baldwin Lost it 3 Times on Paparazzi
He seems to be losing it.
10 other things Mayor Ford has said in the past.
- Nov. 3: ”That was pure stupidity. I shouldn’t have got hammered down at the Danforth. If you’re going to have a couple drinks you stay home, and that’s it. You don’t make a public spectacle of yourself,” Mayor Ford said, admitting he got drunk at the Taste of the Danforth street festival in August 2013.
- June 29, 2006: ”If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn’t get AIDS probably, that’s bottom line… those are the facts,” he said while explaining why taxpayers shouldn’t be concerned with AIDS.
- March 5, 2008: ”Those Oriental people work like dogs. They work their hearts out. They are workers non-stop. They sleep beside their machines. That’s why they’re successful in life,” he said when he was a city councillor. “I went to Seoul, South Korea, I went to Taipei, Taiwan. I went to Tokyo, Japan. That’s why these people are so hard workers [sic]. I’m telling you, the Oriental people, they’re slowly taking over.”
- June 14, 2005: “I don’t understand. Number one, I don’t understand a transgender. I don’t understand. Is it a guy dressed up like a girl, or a girl dressed up like a guy? And we’re funding this for – I don’t know, what does it say here – we’re giving them $3,210?” Ford said of city funding for LGBTQ programs.
- 2006: ”Who the f**k do you think you are? Are you a f**king teacher?” Ford asked an out-of-town couple who asked him to stop yelling at a Maple Leafs game that he was subsequently kicked out of. When the man didn’t answer, Ford said, “Do you want your little wife to go over to Iran and get raped and shot?” The couple didn’t know he was a city councillor, until he left his business card behind.
- March 7, 2007: ”What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later, you’re going to get bitten. And every year we have dozens of people that get hit by cars or trucks. Well, no wonder,” Ford said, expressing his distaste for cyclists. “Roads are built for buses, cars and trucks. Not for people on bikes. And my heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it’s their own fault at the end of the day.”
- Nov. 13, 2013: ”The reason I drank or did drugs was not because of stress, it was out of sheer stupidity,” he said during a city council meeting. “That’s all it was.”
- 2010: “I’ll try, buddy. I’ll try. I don’t know this sh*t [Oxycontin], but I’ll f**king try to find it,” Ford was caught saying in a taped phone conversation. “Why don’t you go on the street and score it? F**k, you know, I don’t know any drug dealers at all.”
- May 24, 2013: “I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict of crack cocaine. As for a video, I cannot comment on a video that I have never seen or does not exist,” Ford said in a statement at City Hall before admitting, just months later, that he did in fact smoke crack.
- Oct. 25, 2010: “We’re going to put an end to the gravy train,” he said during his victory speech.
Common Core: Opt Out Day
Jessica McNair is discussing the Opt Out Campaign
What are your thoughts?
High School Football with Ron Moshier
Herkimer ends season
Dr. Steven Romano
Old people will outweigh the young
10 Things You Don’t Know About Me
It’s Bill’s turn today to reveal things we don’t know.