Keeler in the Morning Show Notes for Monday, September 9th
Today is Monday, September 9th, 2013
Keeler's Gripe of the Day: Stall
Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone needs to learn how to burn time to protect a late game lead. The Bills fell to the Patriots in the last seconds of yesterday's game.
Utica Comptroller Primary Debate
Jim Zecca versus Bill Morehouse
[Full Audio will be up by 11am]
This Day in History
- Wonderful Weirdos Day. Everyone has one or two wonderful weirdos in their life. Use today to give them a hug and thank them for reminding you to think outside the box and stay true to yourself.
- National Boss/ Employee Exchange Day. To help bosses and employees appreciate each other by sharing each other's point of view for a day.
- National Line Dance Week (September 9-14). A week to celebrate the line dance, a great way to exercise and to meet people.
- Evan Rachel Wood, 26 Actress who starred in Thirteen, Across the Universe
- Devon Sawa, 35 Former teen hearthrob, actor who starred in Final Destination, Casper
- Chrissie Hynde, 62 Frontwoman of the rock band the Pretenders
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas, 32 Former teen heartthrob, actor who starred in Home Improvement
- Pink, 34 Singer, wife of motorcycle racer Carey Hart
- David Arquette, 42 Actor who starred in Scream, ex-husband of actress Courteney Cox
- Neko Case, 43 Indie rock singer-songwriter
- Hunter Hayes, 22 Country singer
- Michelle Williams, 33 Actress who starred in Brokeback Mountain, Blue Valentine
- Michael Buble, 38 Grammy-winning Canadian singer
- Eric Stonestreet, 42 Emmy-winning actor best known for playing Cameron Tucker on Modern Family
- Adam Sandler, 47 Actor and comedian who starred in Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer
- Hugh Grant, 53 Actor who starred in About a Boy, Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Mario Batali, 53 Celebrity chef known for his Italian dishes
- 1850 California becomes the 31st state. Though it had only been a part of the U.S. for less than two years, California becomes the 31st state in the union (without ever even having been a territory).
- 1939 Audiences are treated to surprise preview of Gone With the Wind. Audiences at the Fox Theater in Riverside, California, get a surprise showing of Gone With the Wind, which the theater manager shows as a second feature. Producer David O. Selznick sat in the back and observed the audience reaction to his highly anticipated film. The movie was released a few months later.