Keeler Show Notes for Friday, December 5th, 2014
Friday, December 5th, 2014
On today’s show we are talking about the big event tonight and that is the Teddy Bear Toss. We will also speak with local college students about their peaceful protest.
- We start off the morning talking about the protests in New York City and Frank calls in to talk about free speech.
- Bill has written a poem titled "When It Rains It Pours." It is inspired by real life events.
Bill Hajdasz - President of Oneida County Snowmobile Club
- Bill is on to talk about riding snowmobiles and snowmobile safety.
Willie Waffle - Weekend Movie Reviews
- We talk about Christopher Walken and his appearance on NBC as Captain Hook.
The Pyramid - A group of researchers find an ancient pyramid, and all of the horrors inside! Opening in about 500 theaters around the country. Which ones to be determined.
Wild - Reese Witherspoon in the true story of a woman who goes on an 1100 mile hike to get past her horrible life and start a new one. Opening very limited this week, but getting lots of talk.
The Imitation Game - Based on the true story, Benedict Cumberbatch as the genius who came up with a way to decode the Germans unbreakable Enigma code and win WWII. Also limited release, but getting lots of talk.
Before You Go To The Movies Visit: http://wafflemovies.com/.
- Bill reviews his epic ballad from last night and we do our Free Money Question of the Day! Our contestant is John in Marcy. His question is what does a flamingo have to do to eat? He didn't get it right, but he wins dinner for 2 at Carmella's.
They Say It's Your Birthday!
- Christie Phelps from Oriskany
- Thomas and Michael Miglietta from New Hartford
- Madyson Helfert from Utica
Congratulations to Christie Phelps from Oriskany! You win the cake from the Florentine Pastry Shop.
Jake Blount - Hamilton College Student
- We talk with Jake about a local protest they held at Hamilton College to remember Michael Brown and Eric Garner.
Continuing With Jake Blount
- If you want to come to our Christmas Bash...Visit: http://wibx950.com/tickets-for-2014-keeler-christmas-bash-featuring-gallagher/.
- We get Jake's take on the Grand Jury decisions and how he feels there were injustices.
Free Money Question of the Day #2
- Our contestant isRob from Deansboro.His question was, what kind of nut is an ingredient in dynamite. He didn't win the $100, but he still gets dinner for 2 at Carmella's. Rob guessed pistachio and the answer was peanut.
Lt. Steve Hauck - UPD
- Lt. Hauck is on to talk about his take on the Eric Garner case, use of force, and body cams.
Scot Hayes - New York Sash
- Teddy Bear Toss details and fun!
Tony Colon - MVLA
- Tony is with the Mohawk Valley Latino Association and he is on to promote their annual Gala and who they will honor.
For tickets and details visit: www.MVLAUtica.org.
- Jenna Bush was on a TV show and admits to maybe some fooling around in the White House.
- We continue to talk about tonight's Teddy Bear Toss.
- We play the best and worst songs of 2014 to close things out for the morning.