Keeler Show Notes for Friday, May 16th
Thursday, May 15th, 2014
– Cooler Weather on the way today and this weekend. Rain could cause problems for The Ride For Missing Children bikers.
– A letter has been sent to the Police Union from Mayor Palmieri stating that if an officer were to be injured in the line of duty, their health insurance would be cancelled for the officer and the officer’s family.
– Ride For Missing Children today and it’s a great cause. To check out the route and where riders will stop, click here.
– Later on we’ll do a fact check report with Jeff in regards to the Republican Congressional primary ads.
– SUNY New Paltz college students bought a couch at the Salvation Army for $20 and discovered $40,000 stuffed in it.
– The money was intended for an older woman whose husband hid it for her when he was gone.
– Ultimately they returned the money to it’s rightful owner and were given a reward!
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
– Before we go to Ray we talked about The Mets and a story of a 31-year-old woman who posed as a 15 year old girl to go to high school.
– Ray gives us his daily forecast and talks about what the weather will be like for the riders in today’s Ride For Missing Children.
Willie Waffle – Weekend Movie Reviews
Godzilla – He’s big. He’s mean.
Million Dollar Arm – Jon Hamm is a sports agent trying to recruit two kids from India to be professional baseball players.
Jeff Monaski’s Sports
Subscribe to WIBX 950 on
Utica Police Union Issue
– The Mayor is not able to talk to us so we called the “Deputy Mayor” as we have dubbed him, Joe Marino! He has always made time to talk to us about the issues here in Utica.
Jim Zecca Talks Stewart’s
– Former Utica Councilman Jim Zecca calls in to discuss the Stewart’s Shop issue and the “Peanut Gallery” comments.
– He also talked about the power the people in this city have in regards to making changes and having an influence over city officials.
Fact Check with Jeff Monaski
– Jeff goes over the misleading statements and factual inaccuracies with both Congressman Richard Hanna and Assemblywoman Claudia Tenney.
– To read about the specifics, check out Jeff’s full report on the website:
Wrapping Up Fact Check Discussion
Lt. Steve Hauck – Utica Police Department PIO
– Road closures and safety for The Ride For Missing Children.
– Update on recent shootings in the city of Utica.
– Lt. Hauck responds to claims of a conspiracy in regards to the Andrew Brindisi story.
Jim Simpson – The Ride For Missing Children
– Jim gives us an update from the Ride route.
– It’s raining but it’s only light and not too heavy.
Jason Powles – WKTV Morning and Noon Anchor
– Jason gives an update on the progress of the renovations going on at WKTV. He talked about the physical changes and how that can change the mindset of the station for the best.
– HD broadcasts are coming and he also talked about the benefit of the new ownership and forward progress.
– Everything should be done completely by the end of the year!
Kristine’s Book and Her Story
– Kristine’s book is not new. She wrote the book when she was 8 years old. One weekend she locked herself in her room and typed.
– It was therapeutic because when she was 4 years old, she was abducted by her dad and was in the care of her teenage mistress. There were two attempts to get her back, but the first time was botched. Her mom grabbed her and ran, but her father’s mistress got her back because Kristine recognized her.
– Her book comes out Monday and it’s not easy for her but we will talk more about it then.