Keeler Show Notes for Friday, May 2nd
Friday, May 2nd, 2014
- Forecast for the rest of today and the weekend discussed.
- “Plate Night” Announcement to come later.
- Congressional Primary candidates will all be on today. Michael Kicinski who was getting signatures to primary Hanna, has been left off the primary ballot by the Board of Elections.
- We recap this congressional primary journey thus far.
- Malaysian Airlines conspiracy theories continue to pop up. That led to a remembrance of conspiracy theories of 9/11.
- Stewart’s Meeting took place last night in West Utica. East Utica residents do NOT want it and the West Utica residents do.
- Ice Cream discussion ensues. The biggest question? Where in the heck is Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
- Los Angeles Chapter of the NAACP Chairman Jenkins steps down due to the awarding of honors given to Donald Sterling.
Plate Night Is Coming!
- “Plate Night” was a show that Bill did on cable and will now be featured exclusively on all 4 Townsquare stations.
- This week’s featured “Plate Night” restaurant is the Fairways Restaurant at the Mohawk Valley Country Club on Route 5 in Little Falls. Chef William Pettingil is making Steak Au Pouive and Chicken Scarp Ala Pizzo.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
- After a few days off, Ray is back and is back with a not so exciting forecast.
Willie Waffle – Weekend Movie Review
- One movie for the weekend, but it’s a big one! The Amazing Spiderman 2.
- We also discussed “No Pants Day” and people of Wal-Mart website.
- Also we discussed that mud slide in Baltimore.
- See more of Willie’s Reviews @ www.wafflemovies.com.
Andrew’s Sister Mary
- Andrew’s 9-year-old sister Mary calls in to talk about the iHeart Radio awards and the Usher appearance.
Claudia Tenney – Congressional Primary
They Say It’s Your Birthday…!
Happy Birthday to:
- Danny Maher from Boonville
- Maryanne Milograno from Utica (She’s miraculously 39, again!)
Congratulations Danny! You win the birthday cake from the Florentine Pastry Shop.
Congressman Richard Hanna – Congressional Primary
- Before we got to Mr. Kicinski we spoke with Donald Jeror. He called in to talk about the Congressional Primary race.
You All Remember Don Jeror:
- Eventually we did get to Mr. Kicinski and he believes proper procedure was not followed by New York Board of Elections.
- He has been left off of the Primary ballot for the Republican Congressional race.
Continuing With Michael Kicinski
- Michael Kicinski is as “grass roots” as they come.
JoJo Gives His Kentucky Derby Picks
- The Kentucky Derby, the biggest day in horse racing, is tomorrow and our listener JoJo who is a betting extraordinaire called in to give his picks.
His Bet Is:
- A Tri-Box (No Order)
- 3 out of the 5 you pick in the Tri-Box need to finish in the Top 3
- JoJo’s Picks are 4, 5, 12, 15, 16
Rick Lewis – WUTR
- Rick is on to promote the Weekend show called “Hello Central New York.” The focus of this week’s show is a group at Herkimer College and an interview that will be done by Kristine with a musician named Ben Mauro who has toured with Britney Spears and Lionel Richie.
- During our conversation with Rick Lewis we learned he produced a music video during his time at Herkimer. It was a music video for his band Roger Wilco & The Radio Waves.
Here is that music video:
(Rick is in the Yellow Jacket)