Keeler Show Notes for May 28th, 2014
Wednesday, May 28th, 2014
– Short work week and lack of rain should make your mood great!
– Bills talks about the long process of filling his pool. Water pressure is low at the Keeler home.
– The California shooting/stabbing is a scary issue to think about. Could stronger gun laws have prevented these murders?
– Whittemore trial reveals extremely abusive father and does that warrant enough sympathy to forgive murder of an innocent young girl?
– 50 Cent throws out the worst first pitch ever at yesterday’s Mets game.
Subscribe to WIBX 950 on
– Bill Murray crashes a bachelor party in South Carolina and gives the advice that bachelor parties are not for the groom.
Subscribe to WIBX 950 on
– We discuss at length yesterday’s interview with Utica Comptroller William Morehouse.
– Humid temperatures yesterday, did you need to turn your AC on?
– Local mentalist Robert Channing was not on last night’s episode, however at the end of the episode, he was in the “What’s to come this season” promo. That has to be a good sign!
– Charlie’s Pizza will be featured on this week’s Plate Night and they have their graduation special going on now! Buy one full tray of pasta, get one half price!
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
– We love when Ray is wrong, which is rare!
– Will the Summer continue with this trend?
– Not a lot of rain this week, but cloud cover will cause lower temperatures today right around 60.
Peter Franklin – The Gabby Cabby
– Before we got to Peter we reviewed the awesome interview with Erin Hamlin.
– Finally we got to Peter and his True Tales of New York City. Peter brings up the fact that they repealed the “Stop and Frisk” law which may lead to higher crime rates.
– Peter is also doing beach tours!
– You can find his True Tales on his website: www.gabby.com.
The Guild of Thespian Puppets
Subscribe to WIBX 950 on
– They have a show coming up at the Tramontane Cafe on Saturday, May 31st, 2014. It’s the “Little Mermaid.” The Tram is located at 1105 Lincoln Ave. in Utica, NY. Doors open at 7:00pm and the show starts at 8:00pm. Tickets are $5.
– We interviewed the puppets, the cast of The Guild of Thespian Puppets.
– For info on The Guild of Thespian Puppets go to their website: www.guildofthespianpuppets.com.
– You can see some of their videos online at YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HamletTheMonkey.
Chuck Marshall – Stewart’s Shop
– People are opposed but a lot of the people that drive through that area everyday who don’t live there are beginning to speak out because they are in favor of it.
– Stewart’s is taking extreme steps to become accommodating.
– Chuck touches on the fact that they are more than a gas station!
– Features that Chuck has made public is that there will be a 240 foot landscaping bumper in the back. They are even willing to move the building a little further away from the residences.
– There are further amenities and steps being taken to make neighbors happy.
– He understands that Joe can’t vote for that because of his constituents, so the goal is to have the other council members support and see the benefits of this.
– Stewart’s is also a great place to work and their employees are treated fairly.
New Proposal Includes:
- moving the building twenty-five feet closer to Culver Ave which means 70 feet from the residential properties,
- approximately seven Blue Spruce tress along the property line with the neighbors to the west,
- Arbor Vitae surrounding the dumpster enclosure which itself will be contained of chain link fence with vinyl slats,
- six Sugar Maples on the Culver Avenue and side street sides and four low profile planting beds.
– Gas Prices in our area comparisons according to http://www.gasbuddy.com/.
– Bill payed $3.56 on the American side of Niagra Falls and gas is more in Canada.
– Let’s start a gas war!
Rosco Conkling Park – The Eagle
– The condition of this park is the worst it’s ever been. Where does the buck stop with this? The Mayor?
– Should Bill Morehouse donate funds to get it cleaned up?
– Tom calls up to suggest the possibility of having volunteers from jails, high schools, colleges, or scouts to help with the clean up.
Ron Moshier – Utica OD
– Gives us an update on the local high school baseball scores and MVCC.
– 4 local teams left in the finals, and soon to be two.
– Class D championship Oriskany vs. Brookfield tonight at NBT Stadium in Syracuse. Oriskany may be favorites but don’t count Brookfield out.
– A little Brookfield history discussed and of late baseball.
– Tomorrow night, Class B championship: Clinton vs. Frankfort-Schuyler. Clinton has 6 players going to college and one Catcher who may be getting drafted.
Aida Mariani and Steve Gassner – The ARC
– They are holding a Gala this Saturday, May 31st, 2014. It is one of the biggest fund-raising events for the Arc all year round.
– Last year Steve convinced Aida to get involved with the Charity Bib Program. And they sell their bibs and the runners run for a specific person.
– The ARC does so much for people with developmental disabilities. Aida runs for Steve’s son.
– They also have a Boilermaker Party they’re hosting on June 17th.
To get your tickets to the Gala, Make a donation, or get more information about the Arc Oneida-Lewis Chapter, call 272-1529 or visit www.thearcolc.org
Wesley D. Chapman
– Son of Dog the Bounty Hunter.
– Wesley’s organization is aimed to help kids who are abandoned and are from “Dysfunctional Family.”
– We relate the mission of the Human Project to the story of Eliot Rodgers and Clayton Whittemore.
– We talked about the fact that Wesley has followed the bread crumbs of Eliot Rodgers, the UC Santa Barbara killer.
– We talked about Wesley’s relationship with his reality television star father, Dog The Bounty Hunter. He talked about how “The Human Project” is not a way to get revenge on his father but to do so some good. It is also a reflection of his own mistakes.
– He makes the point that neglect and lack of communication can lead to irrational behavior and fears.
– To Read His Blog About Alleged UC Santa Barbara gunman Eliot Rodgers: www.wesleydchapman.com/wolf.