Keeler Show Notes for Tuesday, May 27th
Tuesday, May 27th, 2014
- What a beautiful Memorial Day Weekend! What is Richard Chubbawedding’s real name? It’s actually Lewelling. – Someone is posting photos of Rosco Conkling Park and how bad it is being neglected. – The White House released the name of one of their chief operatives. That’s not something that should EVER happen. – Bill spent his Memorial Day Weekend in Canada. It was a long wait to get across the border and the agent gave Bill attitude. This is the reason for Bill’s Gripe today.
- There was another mass shooting in California. It was at UC Santa Barbara. The suspect was the son of a Hollywood Director who worked on the Hunger Games. His name was Elliot Rodger. One victim’s father blamed his son’s death on the NRA. – The suspect had released a Manifesto and posted a chilling YouTube video prior to the shootings.
- Canal Side Inn is featured in the latest episode of Plate Night and Charlie’s Pizza is the next episode premiering Thursday. – Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown and his deputies checked on Rodgers and he seemed normal. – Eliot Rodger purchased the Handguns legally in the years prior. Because he was never institutionalized he was able to purchase the guns. – His last video was very chilling he talks about punishing people for his loneliness and lack of sex. – The more things like this keep happening, the more gun control legislation will become tighter. Politicians will continue to feel the pressure. – Richard Lewelling gives us the Weather Channel Forecast!
- How do you stop someone like the shooter? What sort of indicators are there to prevent it?
Rick Andrew – Redeemer Church
Assemblywoman Claudia Tenney
- As a mother of a Marine, it’s the most important day of the year for her. She did have a long day of parades and enjoyed the events. – One thing discussed in the interview with her is the fact that Hanna won’t debate her. – Campaign Advertisements discussed. – Claudia Tenney claims that she has the support and endorsement of the Conservative Party but did not have enough signatures to get on the Conservative Party Line. – We discussed the Bills that Hanna apparently would vote against the ban on late term abortion. – Benghazi Attacks issue was also discussed.
Olympic Medalist Erin Hamlin – In Studio
- Erin’s been keeping busy and she has been based at home and traveling a bit. Everyone will remember where they were when she won the medal. – When Erin first got home it was crazier, but now things have calmed down a little bit and now she has begun her training. She’ll get back on the Ice in September possibly in Norway. – Compensation as an Olympic athlete, even with a medal isn’t as lucrative as other medals. – We discussed the upcoming event “Luge-A-Palooza” on Saturday June 7th 1-9 PM. It’s a train ride that departs from Utica at 12pm. It’s a Meet and Greet event that goes til 9pm and ends with a Firework Display. – Erin also discussed the sport of Luge and how it works. She also talked about the facilities in Russia and her experience there. – Last question Bill had was: “How is your golf game?” – Erin is awesome and we were honored to have her In Studio.
- The first time we have spoken with Mr. Morehouse since November election. – The audit has showed that there is a surplus in the City of Utica under Mayor Palmieri. – Bill says they have excellent people on staff, but was there a mess in the books? – We also discussed with Bill the monies owed to The School District. – We discussed some of the health issues that Mr. Morehouse has faced. – Health benefits and salary promise has been kept according to him and he puts the salary money back in to City Hall and other refurbishments. There is a file kept of money Bill Morehouse has paid for these items.
Dr. Mike Smalley – Religion
- Before we spoke with Dr. Smalley, we took time to wish our very own Jeff Monaski a Happy Birthday! He’s 31. – Dr. Mike Smalley was on to discuss a survey that reveals people lie about their church attendance. – He feels a lot of it might bu guilt. – He gave an interesting point about people who are worshiping through different outlets like podcasts and television programming. – Bill asks which religion has it right, and Dr. Smalley says Christianity.
Some Calls From Listeners
- Tom calls up to tell a story about his dinner over the weekend. Someone paid for his meal at a restaurant and he wanted to thank the woman. – William called up to talk about Bill’s hotel experience.