Keeler Show Notes for Monday, October 13th, 2014
- A little bit of a cool weekend, but yesterday it was pretty nice and we could see temperatures in the 70s this weekend.
- At two points during the morning when you hear the sounder, be caller #7 and you will be able to have the opportunity to answer a question for your chance at $100. You will have 7 seconds to answer it correctly and that's it.So listen for the cow sounds for your chance to win.
- It was a rough weekend for the New York football teams this week.
- There was a shooting over the weekend at the Level Bar in Utica. It was a man from Manhattan that just opened fire outside of the establishment hitting 4 people and the officer shot the suspect who is in stable condition.
- Former Child-Star Amanda Bynes went on a ridiculous Twitter Rant over the weekend saying everything from plastic surgery comments, accusing her Dad of abuse, and talking about microchips in her brain.
- We remind you again about the parameters of the Free Money Question of the Day Contest.
- There are reasons that people don't snitch. One man served 15 years in prison for assault and when he got out, the man he snitched on while in prison was one of the people that picked him up, shot him twice. He lived, but it sends a message about snitching that police do not like.
- Michelle Obama went on the campaign trail for a Senate candidate named Bailey, or is it Brailey? She got the pronunciation of his name wrong 7 times.
- Today is Columbus Day and the FCC is considering the possibility of making the Redskins a word you can't say on the air, making it fineable to say it on the air.
- We talk about some of the local situations that may be offensive to native Americans.
- How do you just erase the mistakes of the past?
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- We talk to Ray Stagich about the Enterovirus and he gives us his forecast for the week. Mild today with a small chance of rain showers today. We have a nice day possible tomorrow and Wednesday with highs in the 70s. Looks like we don't have really cold weather for a while.
- Jim calls in quick to discuss race and political correctness.
- Jim called in to say things are not being taught schools or schools are re-writing history differently than we learned in the past. Bill gives his thoughts on it and says we should teach kids the facts as we know them.
- We should not use education as propaganda.
Tim Reed - The Boilermaker
- We talk to Boilermaker Road Race Executive Director Tim Reed about his father going to school with Master from Masters of Sex on Showtime.
- We also discuss with Tim the issue of what to teach in history classes.
- We get to why Tim is here and that is to promote the Kid's Boolermaker! A kid's run that helps promote health and wellness and Halloween.
- For more info:
- We have out first contestant for our first ever "Free Money Question." It's Dean and despite getting a good guess in there, he didn't have the correct answer.
- You're next chance to win is sometime this morning.
They Say It's Your Birthday...
- Scott Meyers
- Mary Bullivant from Rome
Military Sharp Shooter (Sniper)
- We have to leave this person anonymous, but he's on today to discuss the sharp shootings in California and why he feels like this person may not get caught.
- He talks about the fact that if this person has military training it puts law enforcement at a disadvantage.
- Our Anonymous Sniper might be a survivalist, but if he has the training that our guest does, he won't be caught until he wants to.
- He puts us in the mind set of the shooter and gives a possible profile of this guy.
- Our sniper also talks about the ISIS threat and the threat on America.
- We talk about how difficult it is to train sometimes or trust Afghanistan soldiers.
- We ask our sniper if there is a possibility of winning the war in Afghanistan.
- Mark calls up to ask why Israel doesn't come in and try and take care of the ISIS situation. The sniper addresses the point.
- The sniper uses the analogy of pit bulls on a chain, being held back by politicians.
- We ask out military sniper what he would tell Obama if he had 5 minutes with him. He says we need to secure the border and go into Iraq and Syria at the same time.
- The Sniper talks about Obama's lack of attendance for military and intelligence briefings by 80%.
Lt. Steve Hauck - UPD
- There was a huge issue in Utica over the weekend and Lt. Steve Hauck is in to discuss whatever he can about the shooting at Level Bar in Utica.
- Lt. Hauck gives us a recap of the situation. He was actively shooting and there is no idea on his intent. The suspect is still in bad shape as well as the victims, so it's hard to get a lot of details yet, but it was crowded and there are plenty of people that were there.
- Lt. Hauck talks about that area and that bar and how it's not a problem area as it was in the past. The owner is a very responsible guy and there haven't been any issues in the past, these things can just happen.
If you have any information on this case please call (you can remain anonymous) call 223-3510.
Continuing with Lt. Hauck - Discussing FBI Director on 60 Minutes
- We review the conversation on 60 Minutes about the FBI director and comments he made about surveillance of U.S. Citizens.
- Apple and Google have had their tracking capabilities taken away due to their giving up information to the NSA. They've just plain given up the tracking data.
Michael Blumenthal - Rubber Recycling
- Michale is a rubber recycling expert.
- Michael acknowledges how sad it is that people have been diagnosed with cancer. Rubber is a man made product and there are two types of people, people who are against it and people who aren't.
- Michael addresses the concern of artificial turf and rubber. He also talks about the difference between Europe and America in regards to turf field or "pitch."
- Out of dozens of reports that were positive, people and the media take the one negative study and runs with it and starts pointing fingers.
Leon and Romy - 'Magic Rocks'
- Leon Etienne and Romy Low are in studio to promote their show at the Turning Stone Casino this Friday and they have plans to premiere 2 new illusions and hopefully 3. The only problem is the third is very dangerous and have to still rehearse it.
- To get tickets, call the Turning Stone Box Office at361-SHOW (7469).
- Also, we talk with Romy about "The Real Housewives of Melbourne." The funny part is she knows pretty much everyone on the show and for her it was odd to see them.