Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, August 7th, 2014
Videos of the Day:
- Bill is on a new cholesterol medication and there may be some side effects, but not as bad as the other one.
- The judge finally made a ruling yesterday on the Zecca/Vescera case and they have been removed from the DEM line on the Ballot.
- Golf Karts in Little Falls will happen with an asterisk. We discuss the story of Golf Karts on the street. Insurance would definitely be needed.
- Kristine talks about the insurance for petty cabs.
- We discuss foods that you can’t get anywhere else and mayonnaise.
- We have a lengthy discussion about Mayonnaise.
- A man in Florida was so upset when he got pulled over and ticketed and he called 911 because the cop was taking too long.
- Beautiful next couple days expected, probably the best 4 days we’ve had all year. We do talk about the unpredictability of the weather right now.
- A man got pulled over by a cop and he was not happy. The cop kept him waiting for one hour while the police officer was writing him a ticket. The reason he called 911 was because he had to wait that long. He was arrested for misuse of 911.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
- We make Ray mad this morning by saying the weather is unpredictability. Ray is celebrating his 15th year of marriage today.
- Ray explains the process of predicting showers and thunderstorms and the percentage of rainfall.
- Zecca and Vescera are appealing a State Supreme Court decision removing them from the DEM ballot.
- Ultimately the judge is saying ignorance of the law is not a good excuse. The fact that the BOE told them 500, doesn’t change the fact that they needed 708.
- We talk about the Taliban media contact.
Gordy Ackerman and Mark Verri
- We discuss with them their mission to put Golf Carts on to the streets.
- They claim they have a lot of support from the council, chief of police, and others.
- We talk about the difference between golf carts and 4-wheelers.
- They will be on the streets tomorrow for the Canal Celebration parade.
- William calls in to weigh in.
We want to wish Julie Rand and Ashlee Hughes a very Happy Birthday! We want to congratulate Julie Rand! She wins the cake from the Florentine Pastry Shop.
Chris Farber – Herkimer County Sheriff
- Sheriff Farber is running against Claudia Tenney for Assembly. We start off by askign him about his stance on the Little Falls golf carts issue.
- We talk to Chris about his campaigning experience thus far and how he’s enjoying it.
- He talked about how his petitions were challenged, but they were upheld.
- He talks about why he should be the Assemblyman and he talks about his campaign strategy and it doesn’t involve Claudia.
- Sheriff Farber talks about what motivated him to run for this Assembly seat.
- We talk about the debate and why Farber doesn’t want one.
The Mayonnaise Taste Test
- Can Bill, Jeff, and Kristine tell the difference between Hellman’s Mayo and WalMart Great Value Mayo.
- From the moment they tasted both, all three knew exactly which one was which and which was better. That begs the question, is the $1 saving worth it?
Emerson Mish – CNY Summer Shootout
- Before we talk to Emerson we talk to Martin about road work and rumble strips on the road.
- We also speak with Stefan about his stolen bike he gives us an update. His mom stopped by a garage sale and she picked up a bike for $30 that looked a little similar to his old one.
- After his bike was stolen, a police officer gave him $50 and he talks about using 30 of it for the bike and the rest back to the officer to help someone else in need.
- Now we get to Emerson Mish! They are raising money for the Utica Zoo playing hockey.
- The event starts Friday and they will be doing raffles and have other giveaways as well. The full proceeds from the raffles and 50/50 raffles will go to the Utica Zoo.
- They are older guys upwards of late 40s and there are some beginners and some semi-pro players. Get all the details at www.cnysummershootout.com.
Rick Lewis – WUTR
- Rick is in to talk about the casting call they’re having for a zombie film. They are seeking a 12-17 year-old girl that can deliver line and act like a brat.
- Registration for the casting calls will go up at 5 and you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They are also promoting the Zombie walk here in Utica.
- Rick gives us an update on his beer documentary and he’s heading to Cooperstown this weekend for a festival at Ommegang.
Jim Zecca and Frank Vescera
- Jim and Frank are in to discuss the judges decision yesterday to remove them from the Democratic ballot.
- They talk about the issue they have with the information they received from the Oneida County Board of Elections.
- They both believe that this was done deliberately by the BOE and Russell Stewart.
- Frank talks about the corruption and clear violations of the law and process by Tim Julian and Frank Meola.
Continuing with Frank Vescera and Jim Zecca
- Frank and Jim are going to be on the Conservative Line and there will be an appeal of the decision made yesterday.
- The question that someone asks is who paid for their attorneys.
- Their big issue is where is Frank Meola? Why is not being transparent. They also have a problem with the lack of transparency on the part of the Board of Elections.
- We ask if they feel that this could help them out in the eyes of the public on the Conservative line.