Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Videos of the Day:
NSFW (NOT SAFE FOR WORK – OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE)
- A father in Lebanon teaches his son how to fire a rocket launcher. Bill just watched that video.
Read More: http://wibx950.com/boy-rocket-launcher/
- Pranks in the media are too easy. All you have to do is call up and say that you are an official on something. Howard Stern and his fans are known for doing stuff like that.
- We go over what is on today’s show including MVCC President, Rob Astorino, and John Naegele.
- For the first time in 36 years Drums Along The Mohawk in Rome had to be cancelled due to rain.
- TV News screw ups/pranks happen a lot and on ABC 7 in Los Angeles, a person called in claiming to be a member of the DPW. This prankster used the UCLA water main break to get on and prank the station.
- Sometimes the host of a live program doesn’t hear everything that is said.
- Kelsey Grammer’s sister was murdered in 1975. He has had some problems in the past with drugs and alcohol, but his sister’s murderer was up for parole in Colorado and Grammer forgave him, but did not feel he should be let out of prison.
- Arian Foster of the Houston Texans finally spoke with the media yesterday after his surgery and he kept giving the same mundane answer “I’m just trying to be the best teammate I can be.”
- If you’re looking to have something framed, maybe it’s a poster you really like and you want it professionally framed, you’ll want to go to the Sketch Pad in Clinton. Call 853-7450 or visit http://www.thesketchpad.biz/.
- There is a picture of a chimpanzee in the hallway outside the studio and Bill believes that it’s implying something.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us an update on the weather forecast for today and tomorrow.
- We could see scattered showers and thunderstorms for the weekend.
- 50/50 chance of rain showers for today.
- We discuss the difference between Summer thunderstorms and Winter snow storms.
- Bill gives his opinion on the lawsuit of the President. He feels it’s STUPID! It’s doing nothing and it won’t pass. It’s a giant waste of time. What will be accomplished? It’s a publicity stunt for the midterm election.
- If Republicans had control of the Senate it would be a different story, but it’s a waste, waste, waste! This just goes to show how bad of a job Congress is doing.
- Mike calls in to weigh in on Bill’s thoughts. He says he’s a gun-toting Conservative and he agrees with Bill.
- What are the chances of a Bush/Clinton presidency.
- A faithful card carrier with the NRA was used on the Senate floor against guns. They used him because his sister had just been killed by gun violence.
MVCC President Randall VanWagoner – Vision 2020
- Randy is the President of MVCC and he’s on to talk about Vision 2020 which prepares people for the increased workforce in Central New York.
- We bring up the increase in construction and work. It’s all around.
- MVCC has been preparing a curriculum for NANO since 2005. Now, they’re sending students studyign in that field to other big jobs, but now with NANO Utica, they will be able to soon provide jobs locally.
- We also discuss their program at their campus in Rome that will be involved with Drone research.
- President VanWagoner discusses what Vision 2020 is and how it formed. So far a website has been developed and the county legislator have already passed laws about taxes to help mixed use residential and commercial properties.
- Internships are a big part of Phase 1 of Vision 2020 and that’s already been put in motion.
- An 84-year-old man was speeding and when the police officer pulled him over, he was having a heart attack. The police saved his life.
- A suspected bank robber was sent to the hospital because she was so overweight, she collapsed.
Rob Astorino – Republican Gubernatorial Candidate
- We start off asking Rob what is wrong with his face? The photos Cuomo is using of Astorino are awful.
- Rob talks about the lying and interference going on with the Moreland Commission. Astorino claims that the Moreland Commission was suggested by Cuomo that subpoenas be pulled.
- We talk about the US Attorney and his responsibility to get to the bottom of this case before the election takes place for both sides.
- Astorino tells us exactly what the Moreland Commission is and was.
- Astorino responds to Cuomo’s claim that he hired family members.
Jake Flaherty – Audio Revival
Jake Singing the National Anthem at the Dome:
- Jake is a former Syracuse Football Linebacker and a member of the band Audio Revival. He and his band are playing at Saranac Thursday tonight.
- Jake has a great voice!
- Jake was in a band in high school as well as chorus, etc. He did not do a lot with music at Syracuse because of his football career.
- Again his band will be playing at the brewery tonight.
- Jake talks about his time starting on the Syracuse Football team from 2004-2008. He talks about the fact that it’s like a job, however he goes back and forth on the issue of unionizing NCAA athletes.
- He does feel that some support should be given to players who are not fortunate.
- Audio Revival will be playing some original stuff tonight, some covers from the 90s and today. Get out to Saranac tonight and support Jake and Audio Revival.
Fr. John Faris – St. Louis Gonzaga Church
- He is in to talk today about The Taste of Lebanon and his time in the Middle East.
- Every year Fr. Faris takes seminarians to Israel to see the Holy Land and to pray. He talks about one night they were there and they were worried about civil unrest.
- Fr. Faris talks about his perception of the situation over in the Middle-East. He describes the violent extremes that occurring.
- He talks about how he was in Northern Israel and he was in McDonald’s and they were Israeli children from the neighborhood and he remembers thinking, he wants these kids to be happy.
- The leadership in the various Middle-East countries are actually leaders following the tyrannical majority.
- Fr. Faris talks about the difficulty of separating the country.
- Fr. Faris talks about how well he received there and how he could talk to anyone over there.
- Fr. Faris also talks about Taste of Lebanon taking place this weekend August 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. It’s at the Deerfield Fireman’s Field on Trenton Rd. in Utica.
Steve Bulger – Kid’s Oneida
- Steve is in studio today to promote their event called “Family of the Year” celebration. This is the 23rd year of the event. The event is October 2nd.
- You can nominate yourself or another family. You can nominate people on kidsoneida.org.
- Non-traditional families are acceptable as well. There will not only be a family of the year, but also there will be two other families that will get honorable mentions.
- Steve tells us what Kids Oneida does and you have until September 1st to nominate your family of the year.
John Naegele – Craft Beer of the Week
- John is in with another Hard Cider for us to try.
- It’s called Beak & Skiff 1911 Hard Cider and it’s delicious.
- Also, don’t forget to stop by Brewfest Saturday night to say hi to Naegele and try it for yourself.
Terry Fator – AGT Season 2 Winner
- Terry was on Season 2 of “America’s Got Talent” and he is now in Vegas doing his show, but he will be at the Turning Stone on Sunday, August 3rd.
- This show will take you on his journey from AGT to Las Vegas.
- He does some impressions for us. He does Garth Brooks and Etta James. Of course using puppets.
- For tickets visit turningstone.com.
Wrapping Up For The Day:
- We debrief all the excitement from the day.
- We’re hoping to have the Governor himself on tomorrow.