Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, June 26th, 2014
– Big day today for the US Soccer team. A win today would be pretty big!
– A lot of kids are done with school for the Summer today, and some yesterday.
– Last night at the Rome School Board meeting, the Board passed the 2% raise and tuition reimbursement for Jeffrey Simons, superintendent.
– The Utica OD did an article on the Tenney/Hanna race and how the Tea Party didn’t do more to support her.
– Negative AD campaigns are discussed, as well as the split between the Republican party.
– Plate Night is up and running and the latest episode is The Killabrew Saloon.
Watch It Here:
– Also we talk about what the perks are to filming these Plate Night episode.
– There is a law that exists right now that police officers can not thumb through your phone.
– Humid day yesterday and last night at Bill’s daughter’s 6th grade graduation it was as well.
– Why do dentists always talk to you when you are in the chair.
– A man in Oklahoma took two losing lottery tickets and pasted them together to make one winning ticket and other weird news.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
– Ray gives us the daily weather scoop! Get full forecast details here.
– A woman in Upstate New York hit three cows, one of which flew through her windshield. She is fine, but it prompts Bill to play a 911 call from England where a woman was trampled by a herd of cows and the operator believed it was a hoax.
– Denise calls up to talk about Rome Superintendent of Schools, Jeff Simons, and his raise. She feels he should not have taken the raise.
– Denise also has a problem with having to vote again on a failed budget.
– Bill and the team reminisce about Bill’s first week at WIBX and his back pain that Jeff almost made worse!
– Have to thank Dr. Adam Ellis for the help!
Jeff Cook-McCormick – American Unity PAC
– Kim Jung Un is threatening war on America if we allow the movie,The Interview, to be shown. The movie is a comedy about assassinating the North Korean leader.
– Jeff is the Senior Advisor for the American Unity PAC and he discusses the role that his group played in the Hanna/Tenney race.
– He addresses the groups feeling on the two candidates in the race and reacts to comments by people calling this group a liberal group.
– Jeff talks about the “Gay Agenda” and the Republican party he wishes to see.
– What is the IDC? This is called the Independent Democratic Caucus.
– We talk about the laws that were ridiculous that were voted down because of the party division now IDC may prevent that from being the case in the future.
Michelle Truett – Bagg’s Square
– We talk about the significance and the reasoning behind having the American Unity PAC Senior Advisor on the air.
– IDC is discussed again and Roger Padaki.
– A lot of positive things happening for Bagg’s Square and they have gone through a complete face-lift. There are new businesses and loft apartments down there as well.
– These apartments are at market rate and can be pricey, but they are nice.
– There is definitely a lot of growth and excitement. The Bagg’s Square needs some connecting still.
John Naegele – In Studio
– Before we get to the delicious Adirondack Brewing Company Seasonal pack, we talk about the “Kool-Aid” we’re all drinking here in the city of Utica. It’s important to stay positive.
– We try that seasonal pack and it is delicious!
Wrapping Up with John
– We talk about the Iroquois Pale Ale and it’s a deliciously Hoppy brew. We discuss the hop crop that used to grow here locally.
– Steve Mazza calls in and another caller saying he’ll be a write in vote for congress.
Austen Givens – Utica College Cyber Security
– Austen talks about the big endorsements and certifications for the Utica College Cyber Security program. This is huge on a national level for Utica College.
– UC has two areas the main campus on Burrstone Rd. and a small office/campus downtown.
– College towns breed business and economic growth.
– Preventing cyber attacks are important because many believe that the next big attack with be a technological one.