Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, June 5th
Thursday, June 5th, 2014
WIBX VIP Club Gripe of the Day is: The METS
Hometown of the Day: Marcy
Newsmaker of the Day: Ronald Reagan
- Bill couldn’t return the shock collar because his credit card declined. It was an outdated credit card.
- Speaking of outdated, we have an older vending machine in our break room and the buttons don’t beep and Bill was going for a healthy snack and instead got twin beef sticks.
- The Utica OD did an article today that is similar to the fact check we did a couple of weeks ago. Tenney held a press conference and claims Hanna won’t debate her because he’s waging a war on Conservative women. We’ll talk to her later.
- Bergdahl’s return home will not be a big public parade due to security reasons. Bill compares the situation to the Showtime program “Homeland” again. Could the leak of the CIA operative be linked to the Bergdahl situation?
- Could the CIA had have leverage on the White House? We may never know what actually is going on with the Bergdahl situation.
- A 15-Month-Old baby was found dead in Dolgeville. The child was found strapped in a car seat in the back of a car after almost a whole day.
- It will be interesting to see how the DA will handle this particular situation.
- We do not know the whole story, so we can’t pass judgement. The situation we can discuss is the mindset of parents and having to focus on every little thing.
- Either way, we won’t know what really happened, at least until maybe there is an autopsy.
- Rangers lost last night, and the NBA Finals start tonight.
- The Rangers had many opportunities to win, but ultimately lost in overtime to the Kings in game 1.
- We discussed the story of the woman who allegedly sent her young store into a store to steal something. Read More: http://wibx950.com/utica-woman-arrested-for-allegedly-using-her-child-to-shoplift/
- Bill learns a lesson about stealing when he took a marble chip and got caught by his parents. They made him bring the chip back and say what he did.
- Ticks are a big problem this year and they have never been that big of a problem before. Kristine asks the question what’s the point of a tick?
- Make sure to check for ticks regularly.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
- Ray weighs in on the ticks discussion and gives us his weather forecast.
- We rejoined with Brad Paisley’s “Ticks,” Bill didn’t enjoy it but Andrew and Kristine did. It was an attempt to keep it topical.
- If you haven’t already, check out the latest episode of Plate Night, it’s Pedro’s Kitchen serving authentic Mexican food on Commercial Drive in New Hartford.
- We talk again about the story of Tenney’s press conference and her claim that Hanna is waging a war on Conservative women.
- Bill addresses the article in the Utica OD.
- The latest twist, Herkimer County Sheriff Chris Farber is running for Tenney’s Assembly seat.
- Brandon goes over the Rangers/Kings series. He thinks that LA will beat them because they’re just a better team.
- In regards to NBA Finals, if Tony Parker could stay healthy he’d like to see the Spurs get their revenge, but Tony’s been shaky and he thinks the Heat will do it.
- We discuss with Brandon Lang the Donald Sterling controversy and legalizing sports booking.
- Brandon is going to ride California Chrome to the Triple Crown.
Assemblywoman Claudia Tenney
- Assemblywoman Claudia Tenney talks about her wanting to debate and the issues she has with Hanna’s voting record.
- We addressed the issue of Congressman Richard Hanna and late-term abortion again.
- She has issue with Hanna calling her a liar.
- We address her claim that Hanna is waging a war against Conservative women, especially her.
- We ask her about Chris Farber running for her Assembly seat.
Herkimer County Sheriff Chris Farber
- We review the interview with Claudia Tenney and tie up some loose ends and facts.
- We also discuss topics we wanted to go over with her.
- We talk to Chris about him wanting to run for that Assembly seat and he would Primary her if she loses the congressional race and run again for her assembly seat.
- He claims to be a boots on the ground kind of guy and wants to use his grass roots to run.
- He’s out now getting signatures and we’ll be interested to see what happens.
- He talks briefly about the tragedy in Dolgeville and he makes a point to parents to pay close attention.
- He also last minute wanted to talk the importance of farming.
Lt. Steve Hauck – UPD
- Lt. Hauck gives an update on the air conditioning thefts and talks about not taking matters into your own hands when it comes to witness wrong-doing.
- He talks about a story in which some guys stopped a drunk driver and took his keys. While Lt. Hauck was grateful for their efforts, he’d prefer they call police and that goes for everyone.
Andria Heath & Molly Paulver – Wine In The Wilderness
- Before we get to the ladies from The Utica Zoo, we got into the issue of the woman who was caught on tape blatantly being racist to man sitting in his car near Buffalo. She claims he was scaring his her kids.
- Don’t miss Wine in the Wilderness, this Saturday at the Utica Zoo. They’ve got New York wines, Saranac Brewery, and tons of food vendors. It’s a wonderful event and you can get tickets at www.uticazoo.org and like them on Facebook!
Naegele!!! Craft Beer of the Week Time
- John Naegele is from McCraith Beverage and is in to talk about the Craft Beer of the Week.
- He brought in Adirondack “Rock The Boat Ale.” This is a watermelon flavored traditional belgian beer. It’s great for Summer.
- Craft brewers use natural flavors and natural ingredients which help.
Another Chance For Qualifiers for Yankees/Red Sox Tickets Coming Up
- First we took a call from William and those are always good!
Yankees V. Red Sox Qualifiers
- We had 2 out of 3 potential contestants and our winners were Bob and Diane.
- We also talked a little bit more about the Dolgeville story and the possible mind set of the people in charge of the child.