Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, May 15th
Thursday, May 15th, 2014
- Bill became reminiscent of days when he was a kid and had hair. He also remembered the State Street Mill and the ice they provided.
- Big development in the Stewart's Shop and East Utica and West Utica.
- One of Bill's childhood jobs was McDonald's and he was responsible for scraping gum off the blacktop.
- Listener calls in to discuss the State Street Mil.
- The beauty of our listeners is that they have a wealth of knowledge any information we need they will call up to inform us.
- Casey Kasem has been found. He and his wife were apparently on vacation.
- We talked about these here Show Notes and the benefit of them.
- A New Plate Night premieres today at NOON! It's Kevin's Bistro!
- A Dallas version of the talk show "The View" gets crazy when they start talking about the Michael Sam kiss.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us his wonderful Weather Channel forecast.
- The Ride For Missing Children is taking place tomorrow morning right around 7AM.
- It is a great event and those bikers ride for many miles.
- The funds raised by the event go to the Mohawk Valley Chapter of The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children.
- New York Sash is matching any donations made for the Ride either at their showroom on Rt. 69 in Whitesboro or online at http://newyorksash.com/
- Also big news in the Republican Congressional Primary: Hanna gets Remington Arms workers endorsement.
Austen D. Givens - Utica College Professor
- He is an expert in Homeland and Cyber Security and he has a new book out.
- The book is called "The Business of Counterterrorism: Public-Private Partnerships in Homeland Security"
Chuck Marshall - Stewart's Shops
- Chuck is the project manager and real estate representative for the Utica Stewart's project. It was announced yesterday that Stewart's will build on the intersection of Court and State Streets. The plan is still to try and build at the East Utica location as well.
Chubby Wubby or Fuzzy Wuzzy?
- We got into a story about a school board President who said something truly stupid at a sensitivity meeting calling one woman a "Chubby Wubby."
Councilman Joe Marino
- Councilman Joe Marino was on to talk about the city's perspective on this Stewart's issue.
- The feelings of the East Utica residents need to be considered.
- There was a big lack of communication and the city dropped the ball.
Matthew Perry - Utica's Peregrine Falcons
- Since May 12th the Utica falcons (Astrid & Ares) have been incubating 4 eggs in their nest box on the Adirondack Bank Building in Downtown Utica. If everything proceeds normally, the eggs are expected to start hatching this week between May 14th and May 17th.
- Peregrine Falcons are listed as an Endangered Species in New York State, but they have been on a slow road to recovery for the last 30 years. Now over 70 pairs are known to breed in the State and their numbers continue to increase. About half of the known nests are in urban areas including 16 in New York City.
- You can watch a Live video feed of the Nest Box online @ UticaPeregrineFalcons.com.
John Naegele - McCraith Beverage
- This week is Craft Beer Week and John brought in the craft beer of the week.
- He brought in Founder's IPA, which is a very "Hoppy" beer.
Ron Steele and Michael Crowe - KWWL
- Ron and Michael are from a news station in Waterloo, Iowa. They are here to cover the Ride For Missing Children because of a case that happened in Iowa similar to the Sara Anne Wood tragedy.
- Two youngs girls that were cousins, Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrissey. There bodies have been found but their killer has not been caught.
- They will be covering the Ride tomorrow.
Wrapping Things Up:
- The next episode of "Plate Night" premieres today at NOON and you can see it right here on our website.