Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, May 1st
Thursday, May 1st, 2014
- Bill goes to the gas station this morning and forgets wallet. He had to dig for change and also found a $5 bill to get $10 worth of gas. Didn't do much good though, gas prices continue to climb.
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is at it again. New video of his crack smoking habit has surfaced. He has decided to take his leave to get better.
- Whitesboro High School needs to change their graduation venue for the first time in many years. The ceremony always used to take place at the Utica Memorial Auditorium.
- Train Story discussion brought on by the Post-Standard story about the couple. Judy calls back to give her take on the story from the perspective of someone who has a partner recovering from an aneurism. Denise also gave her thoughts on the article.
Was this story too romanticized? Click Here to Read The Syracuse.com Article.
Danielle Banks - Weather Channel
- Danielle gives us the forecast in the place of Ray Stagich.
Woman In New Jersey Kills Her Neighbors Dog
- One woman allowed her neighbor to park in her driveway and when the owner of the driveway parked behind her, the neighbor became so enraged she threw her dog into oncoming traffic killing it.
- Adult Swim did a mash up of a Seinfeld episode to include Donald Sterling audio.
- Don Sterling's mistress seen in public wearing a welder's mask to avoid paparazzi. Not the most subtle way of getting around.
- NBA owners speak out against Don Sterling and in support of Adam Silvers.
- British actor Bob Hoskins died yesterday of pneumonia. One of the roles he was known for was the detective in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" He was 71.
Bob Hoskins (1942-2014)
- Kids reacting to the news they will be a big brother and sister is priceless.
- Weather Channel Meteorologist Danielle Banks calls back to give us The Kentucky Derby forecast.
They Say It's Your Birthday...!
Happy Birthday to:
- Cindy Skinner from Poland
- Mark Salerno from Marcy
- Paul Heiland - Happy 87th!
Congrats to Cindy Skinner for winning the Florentine Pastry Shop Birthday Cake.
- Gripe, Newsmaker, and Hometown of the day discussed.
Senator Joe Griffo
- Yesterday's weather was winter-like including wind that blew stuff all over the road.
- Senator Griffo was on to discuss his Bill that passed in the Senate in regards to term limits for State Senators and Assemblyman and Woman.
Be Careful Of Some Technologies
- One family had a video baby monitor and it was hacked.
Woman's Dog Used For Blood Donations
- A woman dropped off her dog to the Vet and the Vet told her that the dog needed to be put down. 6 months later, a former employee of the Vet clinic called up the woman to tell her the dog was still alive!
John Naegele - Craft Beer of the Week
- John is in to discuss the "Lake Placid Seasonal."
The Steven Swans Humane Society's "Fur Ball"
- Assemblyman Brindisi and John Treen from Steven Swans were in to talk about the upcoming event, "The Fur Ball," to benefit The Humane Society.
- We also briefly discussed the Whitesboro High School Graduation Venue situation.
Toby Jacobs-Mijolovic of Fresh and Clean Meals
- Toby was in to talk about her business which involves fresh and healthy meals made from ingredients grown locally. We sampled a delicious thai salad and some refreshing spring rolls.
If you want cooking lessons or want to host a cooking class party, go to Toby's website: http://www.FreshAndCleanMeals.com.
You can also get more information on Fresh and Clean Meals on it's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FreshAndCleanMeals.
Here are some photos from the meal prep:
And, a delicious Thai Salad!
This is the video of Toby prepping the Spring Rolls: