Keeler Show Notes for Thursday, September 4th, 2014
– Putin is doing some nuclear testing. Could we see another Cuban Missile Crisis type thing?
– Today is the opening day of the NFL season and Bill informs us of the new drink called a Beermosa.
– We review the Vescera and Zecca latest.
– We preview what’s to come today.
– We talk about the primary elections that are coming up including Family Court Judge in Oneida County and the Assembly race between Chris Farber and Claudia Tenney.
– 4 people are waiting in line outside the Apple store in Manhattan and the announcement hasn’t even came yet! These people are associated with different companies and are getting paid and getting their phones paid for.
– The final Saranac Thursday performance is tonight and performing is Simple Props.
– Andrew Madoff, son of Bernie Madoff, has died of cancer at the age of 48.
– A new store is opening in Rome called Runnings. It will be opening on September 9th.
– There are rogue cell phone towers that are taking your data.
– Obama Phone is for people who can’t afford it can have cell phones and now there is the Obama Car. This will provide transportation for those who don’t have it. That will probably ruffle some feathers.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
– Ray gives us the daily weather forecast and previews the weekend for us.
– How do you tell someone that there is something going on? Bad breath, food in teeth, etc.
– Bill brings this up because of his Medifast diet and the fact that there is side effect of bad breath. He wants to make sure that we tell him if his breath gets rank.
– We talk about the American citizen who wants to join the ISIS movement.
– Bill’s wife talks to us about an app in which you go to a store, scan your receipt, and if there is another store in the area that has it for cheaper, they will give you credit for the next time you go in the store that is the difference.
– This is a Walmart App!
– One trip to Walmart saved Alison $2.
Dawn Catera-Lupi – Family Court Judge Candidate
– She is going to be facing Karen Stanislaus for Oneida County Family Court Judge.
– She talks about her experience as a prosecutor specifically with regards to sexual, physical, and domestic violence. In most cases these have had to do with children.
– She gives her take on the importance of Family Court. She gives her advice to those parents who may be considering a divorce and to keep the child’s best interest in their hearts and minds.
– Welfare recipients have been receiving cars who don’t have transportation. They are going to be receiving free cars.
– This of course turned out to be not true. It is most likely a political strategist.
– In major cities, fast food workers are planning to walk off the job and picket.
– Billboard magazine came out with the top 3 songs of the Summer. We play them!
– Big news out of Hollywood and the 31 year drought is over. They are making a remake of “Chips.”
– We discuss some old TV shows.
– We make our NFL Picks for Week 1 and we talk about TV show coverage.
– In Memphis, TN at a fair a clown made fun of a woman wearing a weave.
John Zogby – Zogby Analytics
– We talk to John about the situation with ISIS and how the President has handled it.
– We talk about what other countries have to do to stop ISIS.
– It needs to be a global initiative to stop ISIS.
– This is the first time something like this has happened since the World Wars.
– We also talk about the Iranian nuclear program as well.
– We talk about a lack of strategy for Obama and John thinks if no strategy is in place, don’t say it.
– Sadly, the next beheading may be the one to get the American people’s support. Unfortunately the next beheading or killing of Americans may be much more dramatic.
John Naegele – McCraith Beverage
– John brings in our Craft Beer of the Week!
– It’s Ithaca Beer Company Flower Power! An awesome IPA.
– We also ask John about the “Beermosa.” It’s the new NFL drink.
Wrapping Up For The Day
– Football season is finally here.
– Stefan calls up and gives his Super Bowl predictions!
– JoJo calls up and gives his picks for bets and amusements.
– We talk about Michael Sam and a student in Texas who was sent home with long hair. He is a Navajo Indian.