Keeler Show Notes for Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
- Jeff, Kristine, and Andrew with the help of Intern Ed are filling in for Bill this week.
- Long holiday weekend ahead for Independence Day.
- To show your patriotism, you can get your free flag inside of the VIP club. Get your flag for no cost to you here: http://wibx950.com/vip/trade-ins/american-flag-giveaway-display-and-celebrate-our-independence/.
- We discuss the hot-button issue of hydro fracking and the big win for local municipalities as New York’s High Supreme Court ruled it’s the right of local communities to ban fracking.
- Intern Ed Manne gives us a World Cup update.
- Andrew gives his thoughts on the World Cup and soccer in general.
Deputy Chief Mark Kohlbrenner:
- He is on to talk to us about the new tool in their medical bag, the Narcan drug.
- It’s essentially the Epipen of heroin overdoses.
- We discuss the overall cost of the Narcan and why people are overdosing. It’s not always intentional.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us his weather forecast for this week and it will be hot and humid today. Also, we could see some sever thunderstorms tomorrow. The 4th does look great though.
- Jeff gives a few news stories before the new break. One of which is a story about a boy raising money to save dogs from kill shelters and we talk about the Hobby Lobby decision about contraception.
Lt. Steve Hauck – UPD
- Lt. Hauck is hanging out in studio for the hour.
- We’re talking weekend safety, boilermaker preparation and more.
- We continue to discuss the Hobby Lobby contraception issue.
- Utica fire has Narcan, but the police department does not yet.
- We ask Lt. Hauck about the drunk and sober pill.
Continuing with Lt. Hauck
- Lt. Hauck is pretty upset with the Yankees loss and Jeff the Mets. That is the reason for the gripe.
- Lt. Hauck discusses Independence Day safety and the workload of the UPD. We discuss the illegality of fireworks and the fact that it usually comes in as a shots fired called.
- Lt. Hauck talks about the fact that the majority of shootings are not random, it’s usually the result of a beef.
Katherine Nadeau – Enviornmental Advocates
- Before we get to Katherine, we take some calls with questions for Lt. Hauck.
- She talks about the fact that this is a huge victory for them, with the Supreme Court ruling.
Wrapping Up The Hour
- We take a call about the Hydro-Fracking issue and Lt. Hauck tells us the source of people using animals to pick sporting results. A tortoise has selected the US to win today’s game vs. Belgium.
Eileen Pronobis – Faxton-St. Luke’s
- Eileen is in to talk about the Miracle Home makeover. This raffle goes to a great cause, The Children’s Miracle Network. The stories of children and families are really remarkable.
- Hurry up and get your tickets by calling 624-5600 and the earlier you get them, the better chances you have at some early-bird prizes.
- Andrew is looking ahead to his fitness goals and is excited about his first ever chiropractor appointment.
- We talk about the World Cup again and talk about the animals being enlisted to select the winners of the games.
Wrapping Up with the Best-Of
- We conclude with the best of segment of Fr. Sean and his deployment.