Keeler Show Notes for Wednesday, April 23rd
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
- We will be talking today in the 7:00 hour to one half of the group Brewer & Shipley, Tom Shipley. They had the hit song "One Toke Over The Line." He will be discussing the legalization of Marijuana.
- Bill has been having problematic side-effects as a result of his cholesterol medication, Crestor. It led to a discussion of prescription drugs and side-effects associated with them.
- Culture Fest is taking place this Saturday at the Stanley Theatre!
- Has Cuomo found a critic his own size? One article would indicate that and also addresses the issue of the rivalry between Tom DiNapoli and Gov. Cuomo.
- American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken is running for Congress. His opponent already has an a TV advertisement against him.
- Female Police Officer in Utica allegedly hit in the head with a frying pan by one man.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us his daily weather forecast!
- It's still a danger for children. Online predators posing as younger people to gain information and meet up with young children. In this particular case, the molester was still wearing the ankle bracelet when he was caught.
- Do ankle monitor devices still work or deter people from committing crimes or violating order of protections?
- Before we got to Tom Shipley, we discovered a YouTube video of a couple singing "One Toke Over The Line" on The Lawrence Welk Show. We don't think they knew what they were singing about.
- Early on did the "Establishment" know what "Toke" meant?
- What Jeff had no idea about was what the "Lawrence Welk Show" was or "Hee-Haw."
- You can see "Hee-Haw" on RFD-TV which is everyone's favorite redneck channel.
- One listener called up to give us his thoughts on the fact that he is unhappy with the use of the phrase "The AUD." He feels it should be honored as the historic building it is with the term "Auditorium."
- We spoke with Assemblyman Marc Butler about a meeting in regards to the West Canada Creek flooding.
Tom Shipley of the Folk Group Brewer & Shipley
- We discussed with him the legalization of Marijuana and their hit song "One Toke Over The Line."
- Rhode Island dry cleaning owner gives man who robbed her store with a potato and so she gave him counterfeit money from a dummy register.
- Joe Borasky from the Rome Capitol theatre was on to promote an event they're holding in June. They will be showing Pink Floyd's "The Wall" in it's original form for only $6. Get your tickets on the Rome Capitol Theater Website.
- In the wake of the story of a female police officer being hit with a frying pan we discussed the issue of equality and the fact is most men were brought up never to hit a woman, and that's just common sense!
Congressional Primary Race Discussion
Crestor, Sopranos, and Keeping Clean and Healthy At Work
- Tomorrow we may be able to talk to Bobby from the hit HBO series "The Sopranos."
- Teasing our next guess Todd Whitthorn from ACAP.
Todd Whitthorn from ACAP
- Todd gave us tips on how to stay healthy and clean in the workplace.
- With the change of seasons there is a definite lack of Vitamin D which effects people's immune system.
- Try to avoid going into work if you are sick and wash your hands thoroughly.