Keeler Show Notes for Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014
- World Cup journey ends for the US and it was a hard fought battle. Ed the Intern gives us one more update.
- Jeff reports on some weird news stories and we discussed the crazy storms last night.
- We re-address the hydro-fracking issue and our guest from yesterday's argument of increased air pollution from diesel trucks.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us a forecast that is good for the weekend but not great for today.
- We talk about a New York High Court ruling that determines the cyber-bullying law in Albany County is invalid.
- We discuss the issue of immigration on the Mexican border.
- Parents are sending their children across the border and that has led to about 60,000-80,000 kids being held in detention facilities.
Kevin McDonald - The Elks Lodge #33
- The Elks were the ones to start flag day and their mission basically is to help people including veterans and children.
- The Elks started Flag Day and were the originators of the VA hospital or care model.
- To become a member of the Elks Club, all you have to do is be sponsored by a current Elks member.
- You can hear it on our Show Notes from yesterday, July 1st. //wibx950.com/keeler-show-notes-for-tuesday-july-1st-2014/
- We talk about the Minetto Fire Chief who allegedly used over $20,000 of tax payer dollars for personal items and his own business. See the full story on our website: //wibx950.com/minetto-fire-department-chief-arrested-on-grand-larceny-charges/.
Sharry Whitney - Mohawk Valley Living Magazine
- There are a lot of new features in this month's edition including a local crossword puzzle, local architecture contest and an incredible cover story about Sgt. Spina.
Jean O'Toole - New York Beef Council
- We discuss summer and holiday grilling, boilermaker, the boilermaker burger and what's new with the beef council.
Dr. Brian Wansink - Cornell University
- Dr. Wansink is from the Food and Brand Lab at Cornell and we discuss the fear people have of ingredients such as high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
Wrapping Up For The Day
- We continue the discussion on dangerous foods or foods people fear.