Keeler Show Notes for Wednesday, June 25th, 2014
– A humid day today, so much so you can cut through the air!
– Last night the election results were in and Congressman Hanna came out on the winning end and it was pretty close.
– There are some possible wild cards, but it’s looking like right now Hanna has a third term in Congress.
– Now on to the Assembly seat, will Claudia Tenney run to defend it? Chris Farber in Herkimer will primary Tenney for that seat.
– Ed the Intern gets us up to date on the most recent controversy, Luis Suarez biting another player. This is not his first time!
– Do you have any insight into what will happen next in the Assembly race? Call us at 736-0186.
– It was five years ago today that Michael Jackson passed away.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
– Ray gives us his detailed daily weather forecasts and talks about the difference between a flood watch and warning. Watch = Be Prepared, Warning = Flooding Eminent.
– Humid day today. – Cuba Gooding Jr. was on the NHL Awards last night. Awkward moment? You be the judge.
Peter Franklin – The Gabby Cabby
– We play audio from the World Cup Luis Suarez game and NHL awards become awkward.
– Now to the True Tales of NYC from the last English Speaking Cab Driver in New York. – His website is http://www.gabby.com/.
Christina Steurrys – Vice President of the Teacher’s Association in Rome
– The Rome Superintendent is looking at a nice bonus package with this current school board that would include a 2% raise and tuition reimbursement.
– The question is why ask the teachers to take a pay freeze and not take one yourself.
– This is the eleventh hour for the old board and the new board would most likely not vote on this decision.
– Why do this so last minute?
– At this particular board meeting there won’t be public comment.
Rick Moran – PJ Media’s Chicago Editor
– Rick gives his perspective on these primaries and the polarization in the country.
– In the race one Tea Party candidate is not giving up. It’s the result of an old fashioned tradition of open voting. That race is Cochran defeating McDaniel.
– Rick gives his perspective on our race up here of Hanna vs. Tenney.
Congressman Richard Hanna
– We discuss the difficulty of the race and Congressman Richard Hanna reflects.
– Before we get to Joe Hobika Bill reads Assemblywoman Claudia Tenney’s concession speech.
– Joe Hobika talks about the aftermath of this election and the weakening of the Republican party locally.
Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi
– There was a lot accomplished in Albany and Anthony talks about what was done at the end of session, medical marijuana, and common core.
– We also talk a little FIFA World Cup with the Assemblyman.
More With Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi
– We continue talking Medical Marijuana with Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi.
– Brindisi comments on the congressional primary race.
– Brindisi talks about the importance of compromise.
Marilyn York – Men’s Rights Attorney
– We talk about why she only predominately represents men and talks about here experience and her practice.
See her new advertisement: