Keeler Show Notes for Wednesday, June 25th, 2014
- A humid day today, so much so you can cut through the air!
- Last night the election results were in and Congressman Hanna came out on the winning end and it was pretty close.
- There are some possible wild cards, but it's looking like right now Hanna has a third term in Congress.
- Now on to the Assembly seat, will Claudia Tenney run to defend it? Chris Farber in Herkimer will primary Tenney for that seat.
- Ed the Intern gets us up to date on the most recent controversy, Luis Suarez biting another player. This is not his first time!
- Do you have any insight into what will happen next in the Assembly race? Call us at 736-0186.
- It was five years ago today that Michael Jackson passed away.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us his detailed daily weather forecasts and talks about the difference between a flood watch and warning. Watch = Be Prepared, Warning = Flooding Eminent.
- Humid day today. - Cuba Gooding Jr. was on the NHL Awards last night. Awkward moment? You be the judge.
Peter Franklin - The Gabby Cabby
- We play audio from the World Cup Luis Suarez game and NHL awards become awkward.
- Now to the True Tales of NYC from the last English Speaking Cab Driver in New York. - His website is http://www.gabby.com/.
Christina Steurrys - Vice President of the Teacher's Association in Rome
- The Rome Superintendent is looking at a nice bonus package with this current school board that would include a 2% raise and tuition reimbursement.
- The question is why ask the teachers to take a pay freeze and not take one yourself.
- This is the eleventh hour for the old board and the new board would most likely not vote on this decision.
- Why do this so last minute?
- At this particular board meeting there won't be public comment.
Rick Moran - PJ Media's Chicago Editor
- Rick gives his perspective on these primaries and the polarization in the country.
- In the race one Tea Party candidate is not giving up. It's the result of an old fashioned tradition of open voting. That race is Cochran defeating McDaniel.
- Rick gives his perspective on our race up here of Hanna vs. Tenney.
Congressman Richard Hanna
- We discuss the difficulty of the race and Congressman Richard Hanna reflects.
- Before we get to Joe Hobika Bill reads Assemblywoman Claudia Tenney's concession speech.
- Joe Hobika talks about the aftermath of this election and the weakening of the Republican party locally.
Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi
- There was a lot accomplished in Albany and Anthony talks about what was done at the end of session, medical marijuana, and common core.
- We also talk a little FIFA World Cup with the Assemblyman.
More With Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi
- We continue talking Medical Marijuana with Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi.
- Brindisi comments on the congressional primary race.
- Brindisi talks about the importance of compromise.
Marilyn York - Men's Rights Attorney
- We talk about why she only predominately represents men and talks about here experience and her practice.
See her new advertisement: