Keeler Show Notes for Wednesday, May 7th
Wednesday, May 7th, 2014
- Coming up we’ll play a 911 call from that FedEx shooting.
- Piers & Blake is closed and one couple has had to delay their wedding and still hasn’t received a refund on their deposit. We’ll talk to someone close to Piers & Blake later on.
- Fast Food Nation: Are we addicted to Fast Food? The average American spends $1,200 a year on Fast Food. Is fast food a bad thing if eaten in moderation?
- New iPhones may have a solar powered charger?
- What it costs you to run certain electronic devices per year is somewhat surprising.
- Cellphones – $0.25/per year
- iPad – $1.36/per year
- Laptop – $8.00/per year
- Video Game Systems – $40.00/per year
- The benefits of Solar Power and what could be charged with it.
- Wayne calls up to ask if some other light besides the sun can charge solar-powered devices.
- Monica Lewinsky speaks out about the Bill Clinton incident and she is finally throwing out the beret and blue dress.
- Woman interrupts a newscast and appears to be drunk and talks to the reporter and camera man live on the air.
- 911 tape from the FedEx shooting and the person who made the call was shot and was talking on the phone.
Ray Stagich – The Weather Channel
- Ray gives us some pretty good news in regards to this week’s weather forecast!
- That FedEx 911 call was truly chilling and you have to wonder what motivates these assailants to take these actions.
- Public meeting tonight in regards to the Stewart’s Shop situation.
- Tenney and Hanna political advertisements have begun and there may be some outside funding coming from the Tea Party to help Assemblywoman Tenney.
- Denise called up because her friend from high school is close with the young man who made the 911 call and left a website, http://christophersparkman.com/ where people can make donations. He is having his 6th surgery today.
- Another 911 called made from the FedEx facility and it was the woman you can hear in the background of the other one. These calls are really chilling. The woman on this call did a great job.
- Former Dodgers Manager speaks out about Donald Sterling. He said that he is not surprised about Sterling but he did have some words for V. Stiviano, the mistress.
- ALS of Utica is giving you the chance to win admittance into a luxury suite for a Yankees and Red Sox game for you and 27 friends. This includes $2,000 spending cash, private bathroom, and luxury transportation to the game.
- Larry King talks about CNN on the Today Show. He refers to the overly extended coverage of the Malaysian Airlines flight.
- MSNBC anchor had to apologize for a stunt they pulled talking about Cinco de Mayo.
They Say It’s Your Birthday…
Happy Birthday to Alexandra Swisloski from Utica! You win the cake from the Florentine Pastry Shop!
Rob Sullivan – Former Manager of Piers & Blake
- Rob says that everything was going good for a while and then the owner got in the way. Rob claims that he brought a lot people in and scammed many people. Stuart Bannatyne (the owner) never mentioned that there was no capitol and the building was falling apart. He also was battling a bankruptcy issue in Connecticut.
- Many parties, weddings, prom parties, etc. and now some people have no refunds. Not only are people not getting their deposits refunded, but employees don’t have pay, the owners of the building haven’t received a mortgage payment, and many others have bad checks.
- Hopefully with the bankruptcy ruling the building will be auctioned off and some people can get money back.
- If you believe you are owed any money from Stuart Bannatyne mail a letter to the following address:
Alan H.W. Schiff
United States Bankruptcy Court
District Of Connecticut, Bridgeport Division
915 Lafayette Blvd.
Bridgeport, CT 06604
You will want to use the Proceeding Number: 13-50154
Mike Fritts – Herkimer Resident
- Mike set a world record by driving from New York City to Miami without spending a cent in gas!
- Mike only spends $100 per month driving 500 miles a week. Before the Tesla Model S he spent $400 per month in gasoline. He said the car is not only quiet and run on electricity, but fast! He spent $80,000 on it
- Mike had an aneurism and it was repaired and so he did it for that. You can still here the clicking of the valve that repaired his heart:
- The car is BEAUTIFUL! It has an full computer system with internet access and navigation. It comes with an HD backup camera and no engine. You will never have to worry about replacing the transmission, alternator, or gasket.
We Took A Ride In The Car and It Was SWEEET!
This Is Where You Charge The Vehicle
Click for the Video: Take a Ride with Us in a Tesla
Jessica Pettingill of The Fairways at Mohawk Valley Country Club
- Promoting the premiere episode of “Plate Night” tomorrow at Noon on all 4 Townsquare Websites.
- The Fairways is on the golf course and they have so many other activities to offer.
- She brought in some Beer Cheese for us to try and it was delicious!
Board Of Elections – In Studio for #ROC2VOTE
- They are trying to get people encouraged to register to vote. Voter registration is down and they are encouraging people to register and actually get out and vote.
- This is a big upcoming race for the Congressional seat for this district.
- You can visit the Board of Elections website, or use the #ROC2Vote to get the word out!