Keeler Show Notes for Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
- The next level of the National League playoffs has been decided.
- There is a video where a man was pulled over because his insurance had expired and when the police officer told him to get out of the car, he didn't do it right away so the cops smashed the window open and tazed the guy.
- We talk about how police officers have been caught on tape a lot lately using force and is it unnecessary? There are a lot of good stories, like the cop who bought the family a car seat, but there are also a ton of bad ones.
- We talk about Ebola a little bit and how people, including Bill, is somewhat afraid of the Ebola virus. The numbers of people that are genuinely concerned is very high.
- The dad/pastor from "7th Heaven," Stephen Collins admitted that he molested young girls by exposing himself and making them touch him. We play the audio and after three different scenarios, we figure that it was a couples therapy session in which his wife was secretly recording the confession to the therapist.
- Jeff brings up the fact that Obama over the weekend kept referring to Ebola as Eboli.
- The Turning Stone is the naming sponsor of the AHL All-Star game and this was a big moment because it's the first time Ray Halbritter was standing with the county and state officials in promotion of Oneida County tourism.
Ray Stagich - The Weather Channel
- Ray talks about the lunar eclipse that is occurring currently, however we won't be able to see it because of the clouds. Ray gives us the Weather Channel forecast. After today we're looking okay with Partly Cloudy skies with highs in the 60s.
Peter Franklin - True Tales of NYC
- Peter gives us the True Tales of NYC and he also starts things off by saying he's not afraid of Ebola, but he is afraid of Mayor Bill de Blasio and Governor Andrew Cuomo.
- He gives us his True Tales that you can see at www.gabby.com!
- We give you a few legal stories that are just plain wacky! There's public lewdness and a guy in front of the judge with a "F*ck the Police T-Shirt."
Niger Innis - Executive Director of TheTeaParty.net
- We talk with Niger about the possibilities of both Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton running for President.
- Niger believes if it wasn't for his name, he would have been President already. He believes Jeb will run.
- He talks about what an interesting race that would be.
Tom Armitage - Social Media Expert
- Tom is a social media expert and he is on to talk about Twitter and how useful it can be.
- How long will Twitter last? Tom believes that social media will always stick around, but the outlets will continue to change. Tom believes that it is a mortal sin to not "pimp yourself out" on Twitter especially if you're a college student looking for a job.
- It's an important way of communication now and Jeff asks how to sort out the junk and useful content. Tom's biggest suggestion is be careful who you follow and he uses the list features so that he categorizes the people he follows.
- We talk to Tom about how big of a deal the AHL All-Star game announcement was and how it really blew up on Twitter. That also brings up the point about negativity on social media as well and how to handle it.
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente
- We talk with Mr. Picente about Ray Halbritter and his involvement with this event.
- We talk about how big this situation is (in a good way) with the AHL All-Star game coming to Utica.
- Bill wants a Rome Thruway Exit and he asks Picente is that's possible.
- We also talk about the weigh-loss challenge and he goes with Bill, "The Underdog."
- Mario posts on Facebook his thoughts on the AHL All-Star game. He was not thrilled.
- The L.A. Dodgers are the highest payroll in Major League Baseball and the Cardinals is the 13th biggest. Houston Astros have the lowest payroll.
- Kristine reads Mario's comments about the Comets and they are not positive. We respond to the comment and Turning Stone spent a lot of money to sponsor this event and there are a lot of events going on at the AUD and that will help with Tax Revenue.
- This is the biggest event in the AHL. People will be coming from all over the country for this event.
- Stefan calls up to ask about the tickets to the All-Star game and if the average Joe will be able to afford it?
Rob Esche - AHL All-Star Game
- We replay his wake up call and we almost think that he didn't want to talk to us, but we got ahold of him.
- We talk to Rob about how big of a deal it is that this All-Star game is going to be played here, especially with such a small venue.
- This event is not just a one game and done, it's a weekend long event in which people from out of town will be here from Friday to Monday.
- Rob addresses the issue of criticism over Turning Stone's involvement and he talks to us about the fact that they could not have done this without them. They have the space to hold the other events including the Hall of Fame Induction.
- We talk about Frank DuRoss' involvement in this event and bringing it here:
- It's the who's who of hockey both AHL and NHL will be here in Utica.
- We talk about how people come in every once in a while that talk about how much Utica has changed for the better.
- Season Opener is in Toronto on Saturday and the Home opener is right around the corner.
Julie and MacKenzie Kulawy
- Mackenzie is a normal 11-year-old girl except for her three types of seizures and it doesn't seem like this disorder will leave her.
- She is a proponent for Medical Marijuana for her daughter and it's not the street drugs that people know now, it's a hemp oil that is lower in THC than usual and other epileptic children have been helped and are seizure free from the use of this.
- We talk about the statistics of Epilepsy and children like MacKenzie. Mackenzie's story is remarkable and she is an awesome young lady.
Wrapping Up For The Day
- We talk about Bill's fascination with quotes today and brings up the fact that Kristine is a Vegetarian and one quote says A vegetarian means "bad hunter." She is a good gardener though.
- Be sure to check out the new episode of Plate Night and it features Susan's Cooking School. They are making homemade Pierogi!