Lake Effect Snow Advisory for Central New York
The next Central New York snow storm has been upgraded. The National Weather Service is now calling it a Lake Effect Snow Advisory and it should arrive this afternoon. Here’s when and where.
LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY – 4 THIS AFTERNOON TO 7 THURSDAY NIGHT
* LOCATIONS… Oneida, Madison, Onondaga Counties
* ACCUMULATIONS…Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible with blowing and drifting snow.
* TIMING…After snow showers pass through the area today with a Cold front, accumulating lake effect snow will develop mid afternoon and persist through Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Roads will become snow covered and slippery, with low visibility at times.
* WINDS…West 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* TEMPERATURES…Lower 30’s this afternoon, otherwise 20’s.
Subscribe to WIBX 950 on