Maintenance Worker Injured When Fumes Inside Tanker Ignite
A maintenance worker was injured while fixing a propane delivery truck when fumes from the tank ignited, causing a minor explosion.
It happened at the Renaldo Sales and Service building in Brant, New York on Tuesday, December 17, 2013.
54-Year old Lawrence P. Szal from Eden, New York was working near the back of a tanker truck when the fumes inside ignited. Co-workers were able to put the fire out but not before Szal suffered burns to his face, hands, and legs.
Szal was brought to Lake Shore Hospital with injuries that New York State Police say are not life-threatening.
Police and firefighters from the Town of Brant and Farnham, along with Erie County Sheriff’s deputies, assisted troopers at the scene.