Man Charged Girl Dies from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning While Her Father is at Casino
A Salina man is now being charged with second-degree manslaughter for the death of his daughter, who was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning this summer.
The Onondaga County District Attorney's office announced the indictment on Thursday.
Police say Glenn Collins was returning home from a trip to the Turning Stone Resort and Casino when he came home at approximately 6:30am on August 29, 2014, and found his son and daughter unresponsive.
Metrosource reports that Collins' daughter, 6-year old Gabriella, was pronounced dead a short time later at the hospital. Gabriella's 14-year old brother, Jaidon, who was listed in critical condition for several days, eventually recovered at Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse.
It was later discovered that a generator had been running in Collins' basement.
In an article by Syracuse.com's Julie McMahon, Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick is quoted as saying that, "Jaidon Collins...had called his father as the father drove to Verona Aug. 28. The boy said he felt sick and his younger sister wouldn't stop crying."
McMahon's quotes Gabriella's mother, Julianne Steinbrecher, as saying that she vows to be at every one of Collins' court appearances until the day that she is given the chance to speak.
For the full article on Syracuse.com click the link below: