Updated DOT Road Closure List
Utica, NY (WIBX) - Many roads in Oneida and Herkimer Counties remain closed due to widespread flooding.
The State Department of Transportation says crews are continuing to monitor roads and bridges.
The DOT says each road will be re-opened when water recedes, storm debris is removed and bridges are inspected for safety.
Officials are reminding motorists not to drive through any areas of standing water.
Continued wide spread flooding throughout the region has resulted in the following list of road closures:
- Route 8 is closed between Route 28 in Poland, town of Russia, Herkimer County and Route 10 in Piseco, town of Arietta, Hamilton County;
- Route 8 is closed between Route 12 and Route 28 in the town of Deerfield, Oneida County;
- Route 8/28 bridge across West Canada Creek at the Oneida/Herkimer county line remains closed;
- Route 28 over West Canada Creek is closed between Route 29 and Route 169 in the village of Middleville, Herkimer County;
- Route 28 between the villages of Newport and Middleville, Herkimer County
- Route 922E (River St) is closed between Route 49 and Route 69 in the towns of Whitestown and Marcy and the village of Oriskany in Oneida County;
- Route 28N between Blue Mountain Lake and Long Lake, in the town of Long Lake, Hamilton County;
- Route 30 in the Village of Long Lake, Hamilton County
- Route 28 bridge (Comstock Bridge) over West Canada Creek at Blue Road, closed between Trenton/Russia town line and Putnam Road;
- Route 922A (Mohawk St) between River Road, town of Marcy, and Route 69, town of Whitesboro.
- Route 30 is reduced to a single lane at the Indian Lake/Lake Pleasant town line, Hamilton County, and no truck traffic is allowed.
Roads previously reported closed that have now been reopened include:
- Route 28 between the villages of Poland and Newport, Herkimer County;
- Route 5 is closed between Route 5B and Route 233 in town of Kirkland, Oneida County;
- Route 315 between Route 12 and County Route 9 (Shanley Rd) in the town of Waterville, Oneida County;
- Route 69 between Route 5A and Route 922A (Clinton St) in the villages of Whitesboro and Yorkville, Oneida County;
- Route 168 east of Route 28 in the town of Mohawk, Herkimer County;
- Route 412 in village of Clinton, Oneida County;
- Route 921T (Genesee St.) over Sauquoit Creek in the town of New Hartford, Oneida County
- Route 921C (N. Genesee St) at the New York State Thruway, Oneida County.