More Than 100 Restaurants Take Pride Of New York Pledge
More than 100 restaurants have taken a pledge to utilize New York state agricultural products.
As part of Governor Cuomo's Taste NY initiative, the pledge is a commitment to increase the sourcing, marketing, and education of New York State Grown and made products.
Each restaurant has pledged to:
- Increase by 10% or more the sourcing of New York State grown and made products and ingredients, including products from New York’s food and beverage producers
- Feature, highlight, and increase by 10% wines, beers, spirits, ciders and other locally produced beverages on their drink menus
- Introduce new New York themed dishes made with locally sourced and seasonal products
- Consistently communicate their commitment with suppliers, peers and the public to encourage more support of New York State food and beverages
- Educate staff and maintain knowledge of New York State’s locally grown and made products