More Than a Dozen Sellers of Alcohol Passed Underage Drinking Compliance Check
More than a dozen businesses that serve alcohol in the Utica Rome area participated, unknowingly, in a check by New York State Police to test compliance with underage drinking laws.
All but one of the businesses passed the latest round of testing, which ended November 30, 2013.
The following businesses were found to be in compliance:
- Citgo Gas Station on Main Street and Harris Avenue (Newport)
- Country Farms on Main Street (Frankfort)
- Fastrac on State Route 167 (Dolgeville)
- Fastrac on Herkimer Road (Utica)
- Great American Supermarket on State Route 51 (Winfield)
- Mirabito Gas Station on State Route 20 (Winfield)
- Nice n Easy on State Route 5 (Little Falls)
- Nice n Easy on State Street (Herkimer)
- Stewarts on Main Street (Dolgeville)
- Stewarts on Main Street (Frankfort)
- Stewarts on State Routes 8 and 28 (Russia)
- Summer Hill Wine and Liquor on State Route 28 and Summit Road (Middleville)
- Sunoco on Acme Road (Ilion)
Mr. McGill’s, located on Herkimer Road in Utica, did not pass the compliance check. The bartender at McGill’s, 39-year old Andrea Muscarella, was arrested and charged with unlawfully dealing with a minor and prohibited sale of alcohol. She is scheduled to appear in court next week.