Neighbor Rescues Dog From Trailer Engulfed In Flames
Lafayette, NY (WIBX) - State Police in Lafayette are crediting a quick thinking man with saving the life of his neighbor's dog.
A fire broke out at about 10:00pm on Thursday, December 20, 2012, in a trailer located at 6212-2 Coye Road.
Robert Griffin, a neighbor, noticed smoke coming from the home and banged on the windows. It looked as though no one was home until Griffin realized a German Shepherd was inside the smoke-filled trailer. He broke a window and used a ladder from the pool to climb inside.
Griffin rescued the dog and made certain that no one else was home. A fire investigator and the Onondaga County Department of Emergency Management say the fire was caused by the electrical system.