Officials Holding “Plain Talk Sessions” On Utica’s Budget Woes
Utica, NY (WIBX) - In light of the City of Utica’s fiscal year budget for 2012-13–predicting steep tax increases and job losses ahead–some local officials are holding a series of what they call, “Plain Talk Sessions” with the public. Hosting the talks will be Council-At-Large, Jim Zecca, 1st District Councilman, Frank Vescera and 2nd District Councilman, Dave Testa. In addition to a presentation of the city’s budget outlook, the talks, according to the organizers, is to engage residents in conversations about the city’s financial future and sustainability.
Also, officials say the aim is to get public input on how to best align the budgetary items with the city’s strategic plan, goals and initiatives. The first two “Plain Talk Sessions” will be held this week. The meetings will run from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 2/29: Europa Restaurant on 705 Albany Street (corner of Mary & Albany).
- Thursday, 3/1: Tiny’s Grill on 1014 State Street where Councilman Testa will join in.
For additional information contact:
- James Zecca (315) 725- 3771
- Frank Vescera, (315) 272- 8235
- Dave Testa (315) 507- 4513