One Year Anniversary Of Amanda’s Law
Utica, NY (WIBX) - Today's marks the one year anniversary of Amanda's Law.
Amanda's Law was named in honor of Buffalo teen Amanda Hansen, who lost her life to carbon monoxide poisoning in January of 2009.
Utica Fire Chief Russ Brook says the law requires that a carbon monoxide detector be installed in every home in New York with a fuel burning applicance or attached garage.
Brooks says carbon monoxide poisoning is the silent killer.
He say you can't see it and you can't smell it and the only safe way to detect it is with a carbon monoxide detector.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of accidential poisoning deaths in the United States.