Oneida County Child Advocacy Center Celebrates 25 Years
The Oneida County Child Advocacy Center is celebrating 25th years since it opened its doors as the Sexual Abuse Task Force in 1989.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Dean Obernesser took the time to recognize several key figures that played vital roles in creating and evolving what is now known as the Child Advocacy Center.
- Judge Barry Donalty
- Judge Bernadette Clark
- Senator Joseph Griffo
- Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi
- NYS OGS Commissioner RoAnn Destito
- Mr. Raymond Meier (Former County Executive and NYS Senator)
- County Executive Anthony Picente
- Mr. Michael Arcuri (Former District Attorney and US Congressman)
- Scott McNamara
- 1st Asst. District Attorney Dawn Lupi
- Barbara Putman
- Theodore Mohr (Retired DSS Commissioner)
- Commissioner Lucille Soldato
- Director Kevin Revere
- NYS Police Captain Mark Lincoln
- Rome Police Chief Kevin Beach
- Utica Police Chief Mark Williams
- Sheriff Robert Maciol
In addition, the "Strength and Courage Award" was was given to Ms. Barbara Putman for her part in creating the original Sexual Abuse Task Force.
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente was also given the "Children's Gaurdian Award" for his continuous attention to the needs of the Child Advocacy Center.