Operation Crack Down Leads To Eight Arrests In Oneida
A several months long investigation by Oneida City Police into the possession and sale of crack cocaine in Oneida has led to the arrests of eight people.
"Operation Crack Down" led to the indictments of nine individuals on a total of 34 felony charges, including criminal sale and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Eight of the nine suspects have been located and arrested.
- Amanda Hopkins, 28, of Oneida
- Dajuan Jones, 20, of Oneida
- Kristina M. Lawler, 34, of Oneida
- Joshua Torres, 17 of Oneida
- Harold Jordan, 51, of Oneida
- Ernest A. Newson, 39, of Utica
- Abdoul Yatassaye, 36, of Oneida
- Michael J. Jennings, 25, of Oneida
One suspect remains at large.
The Madison County District Attorney's Office assisted in the investigation.
Police say they received numerous tips from residents, which helped with the investigation.