Outreach Sessions To Begin For OC Summer Youth Employment Program
Utica, NY (WIBX) – Teenagers looking for summer work are encouraged to attend one of the several outreach sessions being held for this year’s Oneida County Summer Youth Employment Program.
County Executive Anthony Picente says, “The Office of Workforce Development is working with community sites and local agencies to develop some very good work sites and projects so that young people who participate can learn and earn this summer.”
To be eligible, youths must be 14 to 18 years old and meet certain requirements. The program is open to all parts of the county.
Those accepted will work approximately 50 hours for four to six weeks, starting in July, and earn $7.25 an hour.
Outreach sessions will be held at the following times:
- May 9th and 10th, Rome Working Solutions, 300 W. Dominick Street 3-5 p.m.
- May 16th and 17th, Rome Y, 3-5 p.m.
- May 24th, Rome City Hall, 3-5 p.m.
- May 15th, JFK Middle School, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- May 14th, 21st, and 23rd, MVCC Education Center, 524 Elizabeth St., 2:30-4:30 p.m.