Police Respond to Domestic Incidents at One Home 8 Times in 4 Days, Utica Man Arrested
It was an argument of sorts that lasted less than a week and now a Utica man is in jail after police responded to reports of domestic disputes and violence more than eight times in the last four days.
In one incident officers were on routine patrol when they saw the suspect allegedly throwing things at the victim’s window.
26-Year old Gerald Padilla of Plant Street is now in police custody, charged with contempt after allegedly being abusive – kicking in a door and violating an order of protection.
The breakdown of the incidents is as follows:
February 22, 2014:
- 7:00am Officers with the Utica Police Department responded to a domestic incident at the 500 block of Plant Street. A woman there said she was having problems with her husband but would not give details. No charges were filed.
- 1:30pm UPD were called to the 1300 block of Oneida Street for a dispute involving the same couple. The woman told police she had left the man and wanted to end the relationship. She said that when she left he followed her and would not leave her alone. No charges were filed.
- 7:10pm Officers returned to the residence on Oneida Street. Police say at this time “…the suspect was verbally abusive toward the victim and was intoxicated.” No charges were filed.
February 23, 2014:
- 12:00noon Officers were called back because the victim says she feared for her safety because the suspect was intoxicated and yelling at her. The UPD says there was an order of protection but it stated only that “…the suspect must refrain from certain behavior but could still be around the victim, so no charges were filed.”
- 2:00pm Patrolmen in the area saw the suspect allegedly throwing items at the victim’s window while yelling from the street. He was taken into custody and charged with violating the order of protection.
February 24, 2014:
- 10:00am 26-Year old Gerald Padilla was arraigned in the City of Utica Court and another order of protection was issued. Padilla was released on his own recognizance.
- 11:30am Officers were called back the the victim’s home because Padilla left court and allegedly returned to her home and kicked in her door. Padilla fled before police arrived.
February 25, 2014:
- 4:30pm Officers were called back to the victim’s home because Padilla returned and was allegedly throwing things at her window. He was taken into custody and charged with multiple misdemeanor counts of criminal contempt.