Sheriff’s Office Holds Swearing In Ceremony
Four new Deputy Sheriffs and one new Correction Officer were sworn in this morning at a ceremony held at the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff Robert Maciol administered the Oath of Office to the new members and County Executive Anthony Picente addressed them and their families.
All five appointees are graduates of either Mohawk Valley Community College or Utica College.
Deputy Sheriffs assigned to the Patrol Division are:
- Deputy Andrew Benkwitt Jr. of Utica
- Deputy Stephen Leuthauser of Waterville
- Deputy Travis Kinderman of Whitesboro
- Deputy Ernest Weeks IV of New Hartford
Correction Officer assigned to the Corrections Division:
- Correction Officer Jacqueline Davis
Deputy Ernest Weeks is also a veteran of the U.S. Army and is also a Purple Heart recipient.