State Of Emergency In Oneida County And Utica, Roads Closed Due To Flooding
Utica, NY (WIBX) - Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente has declared a State of Emergency in Oneida County due to the extensive flooding in the area.There have been reports of flash flooding throughout the county.
Residents are urged to avoid unnecessary travel, stay away from any rushing water and seek higher ground in the face of rising flood waters.
The State of Emergency will remain in effect for the next five days.
There is also a State of Emergency in effcet in Utica.
Meanwhile, a Travel Advisory has been issued in Madison County because of flooding.
The following roads in Oneida County are closed due to flooding.
- Middle Settlement Road from Seneca Turnpike to Kirkland
- Oneida Street from Kellogg Road to Higby Road
- Weston, Chapman and Roberts Roads at Route 12B
- Route 5 in Westmoreland near the Nice 'n Easy
- Oriskany Boulevard in front of Whitesboro Middle School
- Commercial Drive at Hannfords
- College Hill at Route 233
- Mohawk Street between Main Street and River Road in Marcy
- Seneca Turnpike between Alexandria Road and Commercial Drive
- North Avenue to Route 233 in Kirkland
- Oriskany Boulevard from Clinton Street eastbound through the Village of Whitesboro and Main Street from Mohawk Street to the Town of Yorkville line.
- The bridge on Route 233 in Westmoreland between Main Street and Westmoreland High School
The following roads are closed in Utica
- The Parkway between Clementian and Oneida Streets
- Pleasant Street between Elm and Oneida Streets
- All of Brookline Drive
- Genesee Street from Brookline Drive to New Hartford.
- Lincoln Ave at Sunset is open, but motorists are encouraged to avoid that area.
- Wurz Avenue between Genesee Street and Leland Ave
The following roads are closed in Herkimer County
- STHY 171 - Frankfort Gorge
- STHY 5 - Little Falls West Of City To Overlook RD
- STHY 5S - Frankfort From Dyke RD To Turner ST (Both Lanes)
- STHY 51 - Ilion Village To USHWY 20
- STHY 51 - West Winfield South To Otsego County Line
- STHY 5S - German Flatts Between Little Falls & Mohawk
- STHY 168 - "Creek Road" Near Casey RD
- US HWY 20 - From RTE 28 Richfield Springs To RTE 8 Bridgewater
Town of Frankfort
- South Side RD - From Muck Run RD to Dyke RD
Town of Newport
- Strumlock RD - Brayton RD To North Gage RD
Town of Winfield
- Sale RD
Town of German Flatts
- Ferncliff RD
- Robinson RD
UPDATE: State Route 8 Has Reopened To Traffic. A Travel Advisory Remains In Effect In Madison County.
North Genesee St. between Oriskany St. and Deerfield Corners is closed due to flooding. Please find an alternate route.
Leland Ave is now closed from the 790 ramp to Wurz Ave.